• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 09hemi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    I searched on here but I did not find a recent thread on this topic. If there is just pass along the link. But my question to you is what if your favorite electronic muffs for hearing protection. I am not looking for a budget model.

09hemi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    I've seen that review but it's 3 years old now anything new and better? I've read that the peltor tactical 100s are better then the tactical sport but would love ingos opinion

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I have the MSA Sordins. Superior in almost every condition.
    They cost $300 or so with the gel cups. But, I've been through that much money over the years buying items that didn't do the job quite as good.

And if your choice doesn't work all that well, a good set of hearing aids are going to run a couple of grand.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I own the Peltor Tactical Sport and they are great. I based my purchase of the INGO review.

I LOVE the compression. If the noise isnt TOO loud, it just makes the voices quieter. It doest cut them out altogether. So you can still understand what is going on in an instructional setting. (still useless on a busy indoor range)

Not the cheapest, but I found them to be the best bang for the buck.

My only beef is the proprietary audio input, which even though the muffs are stereo, the input is mono according to the cord description and only 2 pins, not 3 on the headset end of the cable.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Peltor comtac III, bar none. You can also connect them to a super cheap baofeng/pofung radio to talk to your pals. Their PTTs are the best and least confusing out there. You can also connect them via adapter to your iPod or if you happen to roll a Hmmwv with an An/vic3 system, you can plug in and talk to everyone.

Jim McKalip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Cumberland
    I've been using the Pro Ears Gold (now called Pro Mag Gold) for for a lot of years. They are not cheap, but I wanted to save what hearing I have left after shooting for a lot of years with inadequate or no ear protection. Just about every part of them is replaceable if you need to.

Top Bottom