• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Stay out charcoal and Egg guys... I don't want to hear it. I've been a charcoal man for years but I experienced some gas last summer and I'm going to add this to the arsenal for convenience.

I'm looking for an entry level gas grill. I need it to get hot and give me a temp. I don't need to cook 50 hamburgers or burner on the side. Just the basics. I'm guessing it's all going to be the same at this level grill but I'd be interested if you have had some luck with a particular make or model.

:ingo:

johnb62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Oct 15, 2008
    Evansville Area
    I think all gas grill manufacturers are in a conspiracy to build a gas grill that lasts a few years then requires a replacement or at best a bunch of parts. We have owned Ducane and Webers and the low end Charbroils. While the high end grills do last longer I am not sure the extra investment is worth it. Having said that. We currently have a Charbroil infra red grill. I really like it. We have had it for a year and never had a flame up. I think it was $299 on sale at Lowes last year.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Love the charbroil infra red.. Mixed reviews from friends.. But they didn't take care of it. Cooks even.. Less gas and a smaller it doesn't take up as much space. Cooks quicker no flare ups at all . Skeptical at first but love mine. I will buy another.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    Weber Genesis, preferably an e-330, hands down. The junk from charbroil can't compare.

For a smaller grill the weber spirit is nice, but quality is not as good as that of the Genesis.

rosefarm10

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2015
    Milford
    Weber hands down. Buy your last grill first.

Got to agree with this fellow. I had one for YEARS. You have to keep the bottom clean or it will flame on you, but heats up quick and you cannot burn the finish off of it......even when you light it and become engaged in a deep conversation over a cold one and forget you lit it!!!!!

BobDaniels

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Boone Co
    Another vote for the Weber Genesis. My first one was a hand-me-down from my parents, it only lasted 25 years. I could have got more life out of it but the frame finally rusted apart. I bought the new one a few years ago and it looks like I'm on track for at least another 25 years. I grill year round, more so during the warmer months for a good 3 or 4 times a week.

ETA: The problem I have with the cheaper grills is flare up. The grill at work is from Sams (member's mark?) and it constantly flares up and burns the meat. I've used other peoples grills (charbroil, and some $100 specials) and they all flare up and require constant baby-sitting.

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Our chargriller has been working great for years, weber has some great stuff too. Just like there are great forums out there for first time gun buyers, do your research, there are great forums out there for grillers also. Flame control will be one of the more critical standards to look for, I've seen them where you just had a huge fireball in the middle of the burner and I've seen them where the gas jets are so tiny they aren't capable of producing any heat.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    My old Weber didn't fare so well when the truck backed over it last month... 15 years old,sat out side always, gallons of marinade and beers dumped on for flare-ups....love that smell and i could have patched it up. I am eying the new Weber Spirit sp-320 with side burner.$ 600.oo

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Even though I am a charcoal and wood man, I'd also say go with the Weber. I love their charcoal grills and I've never heard anything bad about their gas grills, either. As a company, they just make some really good products that last for ages.

RugerRog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Indy
    Highly recommend Weber!

We have had our Weber gas grill for 17 years. I think we purchased it in 98 or there about. I do keep it covered it sits out all year, and still going strong. About 2 or 3 years or so ago I did have to replace the tank because it was out of date, and with that I had to get a new hose and regulator, and around that time I replaced the flavorizor bars.

I am going to look to replace it, not because I need to but because I drool over the Stainless Webers I see in Lowes...

Prior to the Weber, we had to purchase a grill about every season or 2 because they would rust out or stop working for some reason.

JStarr

Shooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Portland
    I just got a new Char-Broil from Menard's for 311.00. If you come by the house, I'll give you my old one. It's nothing to look at, but it'll cook some burgers, brats, and wieners.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I won't say it's the "best" gas grill, because frankly I am sure it's more money than any of us want to spend. But my dad has been a life long charcoal guy, and still cooks on it a majority of the time. However, we built basically a park pavilion behind his house for him to grill. For a gas grill he bought a Weber Genesis I think E-330... It is fantastic! I would defiantly recommend it confidently.

Top Bottom