• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fedempl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    McCordsville
    I second this ^^^^ The G19 is small enough for concealed carry, but still big enough with an adequate amount of rounds to be used as a duty gun. But maybe I'm just being biased because a G19 was the first Glock I bought...?;)

You are not biased, just well informed and I must agree with you, the G19 is the best all around and most versatile Glock.:draw:

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    My wife and I have had a total of eleven (11) different Glock pistols...and the two Gen II models we have now (wife's is a 19 - 9mm and mine is a 23 - .40 S&W) are not only our favorite, but the most accurate one's we've owned! We both love the serrated front strap but without the finger bumps!

They work for us...enough said!

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    My wife and I have had a total of eleven (11) different Glock pistols...and the two Gen II models we have now (wife's is a 19 - 9mm and mine is a 23 - .40 S&W) are not only our favorite, but the most accurate one's we've owned! We both love the serrated front strap but without the finger bumps!

They work for us...enough said!

In my limited experience with Glocks, the Gen II models seem to be the best they've had so far. Everything after that has paled in comparison.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    In my limited experience with Glocks, the Gen II models seem to be the best they've had so far. Everything after that has paled in comparison.

Yes...that's our experience as well! We never use the rails...and the grip is slightly smaller in diameter w/o the finger bumps! Accuracy...is crazy good...for a semi-auto pistol! We were fotunate to have found both of ours NIB (her's from 1992 and mine from 1995) that had been logged into a dealer...but apparently were never sold! They were an answer to prayer!

Errkola

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Indiana
    g19 was my first, then came the g21, g30, g17, and yesterday bought the g36. LOVE my 21, then comes the 36, 17.

R3COIL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    NWI
    The early make gen2 glock 19 is the best all around pistol glock has made. It's size makes it suitable for most concealed applications, it has a sufficient standard magazine capacity (15), and it's ammunition is relatively inexpensive.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    This is the best glock
    glock_1911-tfb.jpg

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I think his intent was to ask what the most versatile, all around multipurpose Glock was. Not what guns are better and why.

I'd advise the Glock 19. 9mm is sufficient (for 3 out of 4 opinions), the mid size allows a decent sight radius, easy to coceal, easy to carry, still big enough for a range gun with nice magazine capacity and the ability to accept g17 or g18 33 rnd mags.
    This is exactly why I have a G19 in my stable. The police here carry Glock 17's and their mags would work in a G19.

Top Bottom