• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pokersamurai

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    I own a 19 and a 26 and I have shot the 17 & 17L before. If I could own only one it would be the 26. IMO the 26 is just as accurate and controllable as the larger glocks. Plus you can always ad larger magazines if you want more capacity.

I carry the 26 with a +1 magazine extension, an extra glock 19 magazine, and Big Dot nite sights everyday in a comp-tac Minotaur holster.

DSCF5117.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    I prefer the gen 3 19 for a few different reasons.
    1. I personally like the 9mm caliber.
    2. It's larger than the 26 so it fits my hands a little better. And the 17 is to large to conceal for me.
    3. I prefer the gen 3 simply because of the different grips. The gen 4 really irritates my hands to shoot.

I'll beat the dead horse and say go to a local gun store that has many in stock (most stores do) and decide the caliber you want and the size for the needs of your firearm. Hold it, ask questions about it, get a feel for it. And there you go that's your best glock.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    "Best"

Skinny CC = 27
    Regular guy build CC= 23
    Open Carry = 21/22
    +Target single caliber = 17
    +Target conversion barrels (9mm, .40, .357sig) = 22

In my opinion...

If I HAD to choose only one, and ammo was scarce/more expensive Id say the 19.

(Personally have owned 19,27,22... still have the last two)

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I'll play. Have owned two G19s, the first a Gen 1 (which I traded away), now have a Gen 3. I like the finger grooves on the Gen 3. I don't have especially large hands, so the G17 is slightly big for me. I also have a G20 SF which is a blast to shoot! The SF part of it allows my 'not especially large hands' to totally wrap the handle and the Glock frame really soaks up the recoil of the 10 mm. The wild animal mess in Ohio got me thinking 'what if?' Once I get enough practice with it, the 20 will no double become my EDC.

Wonder how one goes about changing ones screen name? :D

whoismunky

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Bloomington,IN
    For a personal defense gun my favorite is the 27. It could just be my imagination but I feel much more comfortable trying to retain a gun with a shorter slide, and I can barely notice any difference in recoil from my Glock 22. Perfect for me although I wish I had the gen4 for the RTF ><

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    G19 without a doubt. Although I don't carry it (the g23, 27 and 30 get all the duty) my 19 was my first Glock. It is consistently accurate, just the right size for belt carry, has plenty of capacity (15+1) and is chambered for the most widely used pistol round in the world. So if you get paranoid consider that if need be the mules who carry drugs across our southern border now will maybe one day find a lucrative market for bringing in 9mm ammo.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    For a personal defense gun my favorite is the 27. It could just be my imagination but I feel much more comfortable trying to retain a gun with a shorter slide, and I can barely notice any difference in recoil from my Glock 22. Perfect for me although I wish I had the gen4 for the RTF ><
    My 27 is supremely accurate with 180 gr Federal HST. My 23, however, loves Speer 180 gr Gold Dots. My 30 also loves the GDs. So I have my carry mags plus one spare loaded with the correct ammo for whatever I decide to carry that particular day. I'll also say I love the solid "smack" of the little 27. I've clocked the HST out of it and it does an honest 1,010fps. Not bad for what I would consider a "stubby." Can't beat that.

Adrian8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Had a 19, have a 21 and a new have a 36. The 36 is easy to carry for a .45. I like that big old 230 HP slug.

GunsNstuff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    I decided on the G23 because I think it's pretty much a full sized gun that can be easily concealed. With Wolf Barrels at around $100 each and a cheap magazine change, you can turn it into a G19 or G32.

So you can decide between .40 or .357sig for defense and shoot 9mm when you're target shooting because it is cheaper. When there is an ammo shortage, you have options for your plinking/carry gun and they even sell a .22lr conversion kit for it if you really want to spend the $200-$300 on one. That was my thinking when I bought my first Glock and picked the G23.

Top Bottom