• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • painmerchant

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    clarksville
    I currently reside in Clarksville, IN and am always looking for a nice range to go let off some steam and put some lead down range. I grew up in southern KY, there I was able to go out back and shoot at a brush pile or whatever else I felt like putting holes in. Now, however I am forced to find a designated shooting area Because I am a city boy.

IndianasFinest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Salem
    I shoot out back for the most part, but there's a nice 500 yard range in Borden. You have to be a member to shoot there, and there is a yearly fee. There is also the range up here at the forestry, but I'm not a big fan of it.

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    There is indian creek shooting center in georgetown, I think its mostly trap, sporting clays and skeet. 812-941-3031. Wanda Siets owns it she is very nice. There is one in the Palmyra area, I can't remember the name. I know you have to be a member there and you have to attend 2 consecutive monthly meetings to join. If you call Wanda she may be able to help you.

tyrajam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Fishers
    The public free range at crosley is worth the drive for me from central indiana. It has a 200 yard, 100 yard, 50, and a few short pistol/rimfire alleys. All have covered benches to shoot from. Fantastic.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Besides the above mentioned S.IN area ranges Knob Creek is a short drive away just south of Louisville. No need to be a member, but memberships are available. Frequency of range trips would dictate whether the membership would be worth it.

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    Red Brush Rifle Range in Yankeetown IN

Red Brush Rifle Range

A big +1 for Red Brush Range Good range!

But if you are not wanting a place that requires membership (not that it is a bad thing) you could look at Sugar Ridge range.
    It is open to the public & has 200, 100, 50, 25yd ranges. All real nice clean ranges, they are covered with concrete shooting pads and wooden shooting benches.

DNR: Sugar Ridge

Satellite view
    Yahoo! Maps, Driving Directions, and Traffic

23mar03

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    The Range at the Forestry has been closed indefinately. Best bet is to go to Southern Indiana Rifle/Pistol Club. Longer yardage to let the big guns stretch their legs.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Brandonki
    Top Bottom