• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • prowland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Greenwood
    I was wondering what you guys would pick for a folder that could be abused and take the beating like a champ.

Something that could go in a bug out bag and last the longest without much TLC.

This will not try and take the place of a good fixed blade but be used in addition too.

Also for pure enjoyment... I would also like a suggestion if money were no option on the folder.

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Benchmade Grip *new
    Or many many other "used" knives for under $150 that would do a fantastic job.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    For under $150? Talk to Brad, Spyderco makes a lot that will fit that.

No limit on money? Strider or a Grayman :yesway:

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    You can pick up a good emerson for that on this site.

The Benchmade link I posted shows MSRP, not my price, which is considerably less....I highly doubt you can buy a good condition Emerson for what I sell the Benchmade Adamas for. I have no reason to take sides with either Benchmade or Emerson as I'm a direct dealer with both companies, but IMO the Benchmade Adamas is a better knife for less money than most of the Emerson models. Emerson is still stuck using 154cm which IMO is an out dated steel compared to a lot of the current steels being used. The Benchmade Adamas uses D2 steel.

AD Marc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    My personal opinion is that spyderco makes the best knives at their price point and even double their price point. My buddy took an endura through 5 months in the alaskan wilderness as guide...imagine what a manix would do (still at half your budget).

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    My personal opinion is that spyderco makes the best knives at their price point and even double their price point. My buddy took an endura through 5 months in the alaskan wilderness as guide...imagine what a manix would do (still at half your budget).

Most Spyderco's are a GREAT value for your money, though some of their knives aren't so nice(some lines made in China, look for the US/Japan made). A Spyderco Endura or Delica with the Emerson Wave would be my first choice. Benchmade griptilian or mini-grip would be my second choice.

Are there better knives out there? Yes. Do you really need one? No. (But they ARE fun/nice:rockwoot:)

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home

I'm a huge spyderco fan. I absolutely loved my PPT and carry a delica every day. Amazon has the PPT for $148.00 I think it'd be hard to find a better hard use daily carry knife than that in your range...

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Spyderco-Perrin-Black-PlainEdge-Knife/dp/B003P593AU]Amazon.com: Spyderco Perrin PPT Black G-10 PlainEdge Knife: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    The Benchmade link I posted shows MSRP, not my price, which is considerably less....I highly doubt you can buy a good condition Emerson for what I sell the Benchmade Adamas for. I have no reason to take sides with either Benchmade or Emerson as I'm a direct dealer with both companies, but IMO the Benchmade Adamas is a better knife for less money than most of the Emerson models. Emerson is still stuck using 154cm which IMO is an out dated steel compared to a lot of the current steels being used. The Benchmade Adamas uses D2 steel.

i agree with Brad, for the most part. i favor 154cm over d2 though (unless we are talking Bob Dozier D2 knives!), and still feel it represents a value. the problem is: alot of production companies price the 154cm blade steels the same as superior steels, in the same model. like s30v, CPM 154, Elmax, and the Bohler steels. there should be a good cost savings when comparing the 154cm to new premium steels.

the benchmade adamas looks like a great knife. and the griptilian is an all time best buy.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    So cubby what about that Cassel folder??? Got any that need a good home?

I hope to finish them all this summer. But they have been so long coming I don't know! Lol!

With the completion of the new grinder, and addition of some new tooling, it gets closer and closer. There is even a new folder design or two in frame lock that may appear by years end. And THOSE will be hard use. The current folders take a beating, but are liner lock. Not that a liner lock is bad, but a frame lock with a thicker blade will be more inline with abuse folder material.

prowland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Greenwood
    Looking forward to the Cassel blades!

I ended up picking up a Zero Tolerance 0550 from bradsknives! Thanks for the meet and showing me some sweet blades.

I really like that Adamas but the scales seemed slick to me.

Pics to follow!

prowland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Greenwood
    photo-2.jpg

Quick review:

PROS:
    Lockup is strong
    Blade is sharp
    Grip is agressive

CONS:
    Not the easiest one handed opening

OVERALL:
    Really like the materials, appearance, and feel of this knife... Highly recommend!

Top Bottom