• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ilikeguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Prairie Creek
    If you like kydex there are a ton of relatively cheap options that work great. If you're like me and don't like kydex and want a good leather holster that has a reinforced opening for one handed re holstering, you're gonna pay a bit more. IMO it is hard to beat High Noons double jeapardy. Quality leather, reinforced opening, stitched in sight track, can be used with shirt tucked in or out, adjustable cant and the "batwing" design wraps around your side and really distributes the weight and pressure of the firearm. It's not cheap, but if you're going to wear it long hours every day, it's well worth it.

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.7%
    22   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    i agree with the previous 2 posters about aliengear. great holsters and their triple guarantee
    30 Day
    Test Drive

You are not just going to like your new Alien Gear Holster - you're going to love it. Guaranteed. Wear it for a month and if you don't agree that it's the most comfortable and concealable handgun holster you've ever owned we'll buy it back. No questions asked, no hard feelings.

Free Shell
    Trades For Life

If you ever decide to carry a different handgun, we will trade your plastic shell to match your new gun. You may make unlimited trades as long as you own your Alien Gear Holster.

Forever
    Warranty

If any part of your Alien Gear Holster ever breaks for any reason, including the clips, we’ll repair or replace it for free.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Kramer IWB#2

All of my favorite holsters are made by Kramer. My preference is the OWB Scabbard in horsehide. But, it does not fit the OP requirement of being good, but cheap. And, they certainly are not fast to obtain due to the several month long waiting list.

The nice thing about IWB though, is it's a lot more forgiving of stuff like that. I own several IWB holsters and the ones that work are the ones with widely spaced belt loops. The ones that have a single clip let the gun rotate and the angle of carry is inconsistent. My favorite is the MTAC IWB but it's not really cheap. I have a Hooch holster that I'm not impressed with given the cost.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    All of my favorite holsters are made by Kramer. My preference is the OWB Scabbard in horsehide. But, it does not fit the OP requirement of being good, but cheap. And, they certainly are not fast to obtain due to the several month long waiting list.

The nice thing about IWB though, is it's a lot more forgiving of stuff like that. I own several IWB holsters and the ones that work are the ones with widely spaced belt loops. The ones that have a single clip let the gun rotate and the angle of carry is inconsistent. My favorite is the MTAC IWB but it's not really cheap. I have a Hooch holster that I'm not impressed with given the cost.

I agree. IWB holsters need to have two spaced out clips or loops for stability if a person carries a gun on any size. Single clips work fine for small guns.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    My IWB hybrid holster is a Henry Brand. I HIGHLY recommend them due to their construction. I firmly believe that Henry's "whole holster mounted to leather" is superior to other hybrid holsters' designs of using just "half a holster" mounted to leather. I use it for my M&P full sized.

For my Shield, I use a G|code INCOG. It's designed to be an appendix holster - but that manner of carry doesn't work well for me in MOST of my pants. I've lose some weight AND have some newer better fitting pants; I may give it another go.

Lastly, for my J-frame, I have a High Noon Holster's split decision. It's an inexpensive leather holster - that you can tuck your shirt around should you desire. However - it doesn't have a reinforced mouth. Once you draw - there's no going back in without some work.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Maybe this thread should be changed to ask "which holsters to stay away from" as, there seem to be so many quality ones to choose from. I just got a new Springfield TRP in SS and am in the hunt for a holster.

To you full-size 1911 guys, what holsters do you like?

Oh, and I'm a leftie if that makes a difference (I notice most are made for righthanders, the one included with the TRP is RH only). I prefer 9 O'clock position but will consider any angle as I don't have years of carry experience and will consider any recommendations.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I agree. IWB holsters need to have two spaced out clips or loops for stability if a person carries a gun on any size. Single clips work fine for small guns.

My Bladetech IWB has a square "loop" that is very tightly fitted to the belt. It moves less and is more stable than the two slot leather holster it replaced. Using a proper belt, it is as stable as my two loop OWB.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    IWB = Comp-Tac

I have a few EDC options and I have an IWB rig from Comp-Tac for each of them. Several good manufacturers mentioned here, but the three things I recommend as a "must have" to new firearms owners are 1) Quality Belt 2) Quality Holster made for that specific firearm and 3) Spare Mags

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Maybe this thread should be changed to ask "which holsters to stay away from"...

In MY opinion, the N82 holsters should be shied away from due to their construction.

That huge foam pad gets in the way of a full firing grip on the gun.

It's difficult enough to obtain a full firing grip on a gun carried IWB as it is - why further impede access. And this is coming from a guy whose love-handles are also in the way. I personally can't imagine having the N82 holster backing PLUS my love handles.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Also, OP:

You could find a holster formed by God himself - and it'd still be "junky" without a proper gun belt.

So - please also invest in a good gun belt. Or two. Or three.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland

Testify, brother.

Kramer_Holster_and_Gun_horizontal_zps7oqwovhk.jpg

Kramer_Holster_and_Gun_vertical_zpsbpgwg2iw.jpg

Kramer_Holster_rear_zpscoucxowr.jpg

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I have a Crossbreed for my SR9c and a Flashbang Capone for my Glock 42, both IWB of a similar design. The Crossbreed is nice, but the leather is stiff and it makes a creaking noise, so I'm not liking it much anymore. Otherwise, it is fairly comfortable and fits the gun nicely. (It also fits my full size SR9). The Flashbang Capone was priced better and is more comfortable, with more flexible leather with what appears to be a suede backing. I can wear it all day and not feel it there at all.

I just ordered two Aliengear IWB Cloak Tuck 2.0's for $58 bucks. I think I may like it every bit as well as the Flashbang. You can't beat the deal, along with the guarantee, and the ability to buy more shells or switch them for free when your carry gun changes. I can't wait to try it out with my SR9c and my new Glock 43.

Top Bottom