• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I've eaten at Black Diamond a few times, and I think it's pretty decent. I might give GT South's the edge though. I enjoyed City BBQ on the Southside...it is a chain, but a privately held small one. Best BBQ I've had in Indiana is Big Shoes BBQ in the Haute. I don't even know if it's still around, but it's worth a stop. It is deep in the hood, though.

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Don't know any good ones in IN but when you travel to Texas and make it through Weatherford at exit 402 there is a little place called :bowdown:Outlaw BBQ pit. Yesterday was the first time in over a year since I've been down there they have the best chopped brisket sandwich there is. IMO :D

I didn't eat all day knowing I was heading there, and the owner is always there and recognized me immediately. (used to eat there everyday when I lived there)

BlisterPac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    I recommend Marx BBQ on Evansville Westside for pit-style (loose meat in sauce). Serve it up on some German rye bread with fresh sliced onions, and maybe a pickle on the side. They have burgoo year-round too.

I prefer Wolf's BBQ in Evansville for ribs.

JJGatesE30

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    Another vote for Squealers! Pulled pork sandwiches, ribs, brisket...it's not even 7am and I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. They have an appetizer there that is a full meal for two in itself, BBQ nachos, I highly recommend them. They have a few variations of sauces and on the wall as you walk in they have multiple awards from various BBQ contests they have won.

Two locations, one on 86th st and one in Moorseville.

Squealers Barbeque | Indianapolis and Moorseville Restaurants

hip shot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    I've been to Dicks in Indy, that is why I'm posting this. Not sure where if they actually do their own smoking. But thanks for the suggestion anyway.

I am not sure if it is the same, but there is a bbq joint near SR 37 and 238 in Noblesville in the building that used to be a Nobel Romans. His smoke pit is right in the building.. I buy the pulled pork and make my own sause and rice.

If you are a fan of South eastern US style BBQ like Richmond County GA;
    Sconyers is the best in the country.....especilly the hash:popcorn:

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Had dinner there just the other night; a distributor rep was wining and dining me. ;) The chicken-n-dumpling soup was unremarkable, the pulled pork sandwich was very good, and the bourbon pecan pie was... :faint:

I will certainly be back!

your missing out if you didn't get the fried ribs and BBQ nachos.

Goosepond Monster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    Ellettsville
    Smokin' Jack's Rib Shack in Bloomington is a place I enjoy.

The last time I was in Indy, I was heading to Broad Ripple to visit some friends and noticed a BBQ place on Keystone Ave. It was an old car wash that had been turned into a BBQ restaurant with a drive-thru. I found that to be entertaining.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Smokin' Jack's Rib Shack in Bloomington is a place I enjoy.

The last time I was in Indy, I was heading to Broad Ripple to visit some friends and noticed a BBQ place on Keystone Ave. It was an old car wash that had been turned into a BBQ restaurant with a drive-thru. I found that to be entertaining.

smoking jacks is the best in town because fatmans is gone. you get more for the money all day long at smoking jacks and their mac n cheese is great.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Too lazy to look at every post but the new place in Greenwood, City BBQ is the best tasting bbq I've had in the 12 years living in this cold, white, bbq deprived state. Except of course when I go down to Oklahoma to visit my dad, then the problem is too many good places and not enough meals to cover them all while here. We were coming back from Columbus OH last month and drove about 45 minutes out of our way to try the City BBQ in Dayton and are happy to report that it was just as good over there. Now our trips to Columbus will be rerouted so that the City BBQ in Dayton ISN'T out of our way!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Don't know any good ones in IN but when you travel to Texas and make it through Weatherford at exit 402 there is a little place called :bowdown:Outlaw BBQ pit. Yesterday was the first time in over a year since I've been down there they have the best chopped brisket sandwich there is. IMO :D

I didn't eat all day knowing I was heading there, and the owner is always there and recognized me immediately. (used to eat there everyday when I lived there)

BTDT I'll second that emotion on Outlaw!!!!

Top Bottom