• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slowman87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Running an iPhone without a case is like sex without a condom, sure it's risky, but it feels so damn good

LOL well put. I'm rocking a bumper from Amazon on my iPhone 5. I don't like bulky case and I"m generally pretty conscious of where I put my phone and how I treat it. I just like the bumper because it allows you to set it down on surfaces without it touching that surface, and it's very minuscule.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Running an iPhone without a case is like sex without a condom, sure it's risky, but it feels so damn good

LOL, that is a pretty decent analogy.

But with the cases they have now, it doesn't make the phone that much thicker, the protective screen is just as reactive/receptive as the original screen and when your contract is up, you can put your mint condition, unlocked iphone on ebay and easily sell it for what you are going to pay for the newest one...You can do that because so many people out there don't use cases and break their phones.:):

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I'm now trying out the magpul field case for my iPhone 4 now.

I gotta admit, despite the fact it's not as protective as my previous otterbox defender, I'm liking it a LOT better.

Sdixon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Wayne county
    I like the otter box defender series. It has a built in screen saver, so your phone is fully enclosed. Mine has been dropped on concrete more time than I can count and survived at least one dunk in the toilet.

Smokle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I didn't buy the i5, but when I had my i4 the otterbox saved its life so many times I used to work and it would fall off and I ended up kicking it across the backroom many of times with any issues, the case lasted a year before finally breaking

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    They don't have them for the 5 yet so I guess it doesn't matter, but what makes it better?

It's much lighter and thinner. I can actually slide it into my front pocket of my jeans, and it's comfortable.

Plus, the screen is open. You spend that much money for this phone, and its suppose to have one of the best screens/graphics. And when you cover up the screen, you don't get the full benefit anymore.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    It's much lighter and thinner. I can actually slide it into my front pocket of my jeans, and it's comfortable.

Plus, the screen is open. You spend that much money for this phone, and its suppose to have one of the best screens/graphics. And when you cover up the screen, you don't get the full benefit anymore.

Maybe it's a 4 problem (or maybe a tight jeans problem?) but the 5 is pretty thin even with a defender. I did notice that its about half of the weight as a 4 when both are sporting defenders this weekend.

I hear you on the screen clarity, but I don't watch blu rays on my phone, so I don't see it being that big of a deal. I don't even have my brightness turned up all of the way and it's nice and clear. Since the phone is so new, I'd be pissed at myself if I accidentally put my keys in the same pocket and scratched my screen...not so much if I just scratched the replaceable case.

Drake.45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    If no one me mentioned it yet, there is a case out there called the taktik extreme I believe and it has a gorilla glass screen protector and it seems to be one of the best out there right now, if someone needs a link to check it out let me know, by the way they are coming out with an alloy version that is going to be awesome!!

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    If no one me mentioned it yet, there is a case out there called the taktik extreme I believe and it has a gorilla glass screen protector and it seems to be one of the best out there right now, if someone needs a link to check it out let me know, by the way they are coming out with an alloy version that is going to be awesome!!

I want one and I want one now.

I'm kicking myself for not seeing this ~2 weeks ago...I really wish I didn't just spend ~$30 on this defender.

On a side note, if anyone wants a mint condition, bright green face/navy blue back Otterbox Defender for the iPhone 5, I know where you can find one for a great price.:):

LGDawg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    Indy
    Magpul does list 2 different iPhone 5 cases on the website as coming 2013. However, that is if Colorado doesn't outlaw them first.

ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    How many of you saying good things about LifeProof are actually using one for the 5? My coworker has one for her 4S and loves it. I was pretty much settled on this case but read some Amazon reviews saying it muffles the sound pretty bad and you sound like you're underwater during calls, so I'm hesitating. Granted people that write Amazon reviews are generally idiots. Just wondering because I get the idea people love the iPhone 4/4S cases but are really unhappy with the 5's.

Otterboxes are just so gigantic I can't get passed it.

Top Bottom