• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amari699

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    There are two important factors in buying best iPhone 5 cases.First priority is protection and second one is look stylish.For me:
    hex-core-case-100016116-medium.png

Dj15802

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Avon, IN
    Otter box! I used to destroy phones on a regular basis and the otter box has kept my I4 safe from me for 2 years now. I would definitely go through Amazon and not The phone store.

ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    I went ahead and picked up a LifeProof for my iPhone 5. Pretty satisfied with it so far. Screen is still pretty sensitive, added very little bulk to the phone, and no sound issues with calls or Skype, which was my main concern.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I'll be curious to see what you think about it. I will be getting one when I get my Iphone in April.

It's worth every penny.

It's slightly taller, but also slightly thinner than the Otterbox Defender and the screen protector is amazing. It's gorilla glass (same material the iphone screen is), so you lose ZERO clarity.

It's heavy-duty, but it's made out of polymer aluminum (whatever the hell that is), so the weight isn't bad at all.

I wouldn't go swimming with the phone in my pocket, but you could definitely drop it in water without harming the it.

I haven't used the microphone yet (for speaker phone mode), but I haven't noticed a difference in sound at all.

The selling point is absolutely the screen though. It's like there isn't even a cover on it.

Get it on ebay and save a bunch of money.

zip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    I was torn between the Lunatik and the new otter box armor. Ultimately I went with the otterbox. I decided if I was going to spend 100+ on a case it needed to be water proof. I love it. It's easy to take on and off and crush proof. The sound quality is IMHO better than my lifeproof for the iphone 4

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    I think otterbox has the best cases and by far the best customer service. They'll replace a broken or faulty case no problem.

I'm testing out their customer service today. My wife and I both have the Commuter on our iPhone 5s (that's plural, not 5S) that we got in December. both of them have a hairline crack around the volume buttons, in fact the crack is almost identical. Her's also cracked/split apart in the little plastic piece under the home key (above the charging port).

She's not too rough on her phone, but it does take some drops. I've never had a case on any of my phones until now, and I've never broken a single one in 13 years.

zip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    I'm testing out their customer service today. My wife and I both have the Commuter on our iPhone 5s (that's plural, not 5S) that we got in December. both of them have a hairline crack around the volume buttons, in fact the crack is almost identical. Her's also cracked/split apart in the little plastic piece under the home key (above the charging port).

She's not too rough on her phone, but it does take some drops. I've never had a case on any of my phones until now, and I've never broken a single one in 13 years.

I have dealt with otterbox CS several times. I broke a couple belt clips and they sent me new ones no problem. The other I ripped the screen protector. I had to take a picture with my name and date on it. After which they told me that they did not make that color combination any more ( they had updated to a newer design). So she told me to look at the website and email her a part number for the new case of my choice. A few day later is showed up complete with retail packaging.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I was torn between the Lunatik and the new otter box armor. Ultimately I went with the otterbox. I decided if I was going to spend 100+ on a case it needed to be water proof. I love it. It's easy to take on and off and crush proof. The sound quality is IMHO better than my lifeproof for the iphone 4

The armor is a really nice case, but the screen protector is still plastic isn't it?

I looked at those, but the two main factors in getting the Lunatik Extreme were:

1. Gorilla glass screen protector (by far and large the main reason.

2. I couldn't find an Armor on ebay for $45.00 free shipping like I did the Luna.

zip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    It is. Which was something I was concerned with, but it seem nicer and I have not gotten any Newton's Rings like I did with the lifeproof. All in all I have no complaints

Top Bottom