• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Being a dad comes with many challenges, especially when you have 4 little ones. My youngest (boy, age 5) definitely tries my patience. He is personally responsible for over half my gray hairs. He is 100% boy, ornery as the day is long, and I swear he gets half his ideas from watching Dennis the Menace re-runs.

My wife and I are strapped for cash right now, and since I'm not sentimental about holidays, I told her not to bother getting me anything for Father's day. Well my boy wanted to do something special for daddy, so he came to me and said "Daddy, since you are the best daddy ever, I put a present under your pillow."

I went to look, and he had put a dollar bill that he just got for losing a tooth under my pillow. (which is a huge deal for him knowing how he hoards any loose change that he finds)

It's moments like these that melt a daddy's heart. Just thought I'd share.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    He sounds like a great kid. Without seeing your sacrifices for him -- although he may not quite understand -- he is willing to sacrifice for you. Happy Fathers Day!

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Wow, that's very cool! Congrats on raising a kid who would think of someone else before himself. Happy Father's Day.

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    I have a very similar story with my 3 year old daughter. One day my wife said she wanted to go shopping, but we didn't have the money to do so. A few minutes later our daughter showed up with her bank and said we could go shopping now. Was definitely a very cute and proud moment.

Top Bottom