Best place online to check the value of firearms?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    I think it kind of depends on the demand to an extent. It wasn't too long ago when $700 AR's were selling for 1k or more. I started looking at gun broker to see what people were willing to pay. Obviously not the be all end all for everything but I think it's representative of the current market.

TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    Cynical nailed it. Gunbroker is going to be one of the best places to look. Also, look right here on INGO. Search the gun you are wanting to know the value of in the classifieds and see what they sold for or there about. Between those two places, I can usually get a good idea of the value of a firearm.

Markus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Agree with both of the above. A lot of new stuff on Gunbroker is over priced when compared to other internet sites that sell new. I have seen some good deals on used there though. Build a relationship with a local gun shop and many of them will cut deals on special orders for you.

TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    Agree with both of the above. A lot of new stuff on Gunbroker is over priced when compared to other internet sites that sell new. I have seen some good deals on used there though. Build a relationship with a local gun shop and many of them will cut deals on special orders for you.

Yeah, the Buy It Now stuff, especially NIB items, generally are a little steep. I tend to pay more attention to the No Reserve auctions, because that is where you tend to see what people are truly willing to pay.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    If you first click on the advanced search option on Gunbroker, you can then click on the tab for completed items. This allows you to search for items that actually sold which gives you a much better idea of real market prices instead of just overblown asking prices.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    If you first click on the advanced search option on Gunbroker, you can then click on the tab for completed items. This allows you to search for items that actually sold which gives you a much better idea of real market prices instead of just overblown asking prices.

Been using GB advanced search feature in just this fashion for years and it has served me well.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Just to add to the tip on using the advanced search function on gunbroker.....once you have searched for completed auctions on your desired firearm click twice on the "Bids" column header on the green bar. That essentially sorts by highest number of bids and puts all of the overpriced closed auctions with no bids at the end.

Top Bottom