• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tranquillity308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    Martinsville
    I'm looking to get a new HDTV, and input lag is a critical factor in deciding which to buy because of video games. Where's the best place I can go to actually test the TVs myself with my Xbox, and then have a return policy of 2 weeks or so in case I'm not happy with the TV?

woowoo2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I doubt that any retail store is going to let you test their sets.
    Look to a gaming forum for recommendations.
    And expect a restocking fee on returns.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    input lag is a critical factor in deciding which to buy because of video games.

Shouldn't be too big of an issue, especially if you stick with a newer LCD or LED.

I've found the best place to purchase HDTVs is actually HH-Greggs. As of a year ago, they were still willing to "wheel and deal" on the price. My brother ended up buying a new LED HDTV for about $500 less then the next cheapest place in town.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Well they won't let you test it out with an X-Box, but may I suggest going to Fry's in Fishers, they routinely have the lowest advertised prices for HDTV's.

Also, a 1080p plasma screen should work fine for you, their refresh rate is equivalent to 600mhz and you should be able to pick up one at a very decent price.

I had a deal set up with HH Gregg back in Oct. where I was going to buy a 50 inch plasma @ 1079.00 from them until Fry's Monday Morning ad came out advertising a 60 inch plasma for 1199.00 (model was not mentioned in the ad) so I called Fry's up, got the model number right before I walked into HH Gregg and told them that if they did'nt do this deal for me, I was driving to Fishers.

Needless to say, they wilted on the huge profit margin to sell me it at 1199.00.

I was happy I saved money, got a LG 60 inch Plasma with NetFlix, Youtube, Pandora and other internet apps and did not have to drive another 30 miles and they made a sale. Worked out for all of us.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    We got our Sony at Sam's Club. Good deal and happy with the service. Also got their cheap extended warranty that covers the set for over 4 years after the manufacturers warranty.

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    AVSForum is your best friend on this sort of question, people actually test and report the lag times and once in a while someone will sum up th info. You will have to make compromises as the fastest TV is usually not the best PQ.

WARNING: going to AVSForum may cause buying paralasis. Too much info may cause you to not be able to decide, proceed at your own risk.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I was looking at dlps several years ago. Hhgregg in FW let me bring my ps3 in to hook up to their floor model with my own cables. most newer sets have an hdmi on the side so it's easy enough.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I bought my LED from Fry's as an open box. Saved a boat load. My Plasma came from HH Gregg durring a Christmas sale. Picture/color wise I can not offer a suggestion to which is better as I love them both!

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    Costco has the best return policy and often the best price.

90 days for any tv, computer, gps. No reason needed. Open or sealed doesn't matter. Plus a 2 year warranty on top of it.

EDIT: If you order online, you can return it in store. They'll refund shipping charges (if any)

Last edited:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    HH Gregg has a no questions asked return policy. I've made use of it before when the Samsung I bought didn't live up to my expectations.

I ended up buying the tv I really wanted at Sam's club, they have just about the best regular prices in town. I know a lot of people bash Vizio TV's but I really like both my Vizio's, I've never had a single problem with them. The best thing about my newer Vizio Razer LED TV is that the audio out on the TV is still controlled by the TV's volume control. I hooked up a set of PC surround sound speakers left over from my college days and now I have much better sound quality without running things through a dedicated surround sound system.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom