• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iSaladbar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    ZX guns in fort wayne had the 10/22 takedown, blued barrel w/ synthetic stock & laser for $319.99. I went to Dicks and they had the standard wood stock and blued barrel for $259 and 21st Century in Bluffton had black synthetic with blued barrel for $249 which is what i was looking for so I picked it up. ZX guns has GREAT prices just didn't have what I was looking for :/

RFox

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    West side Indy
    unless you are protesting Dicks spineless caving to "assault bans" they usually have the best deals on 10/22's. I'd rather pay $30.00 more and not go there myself

Mr. Neal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 7, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Ashamed to say but I got mine at Dick's :s. BUT... in my defense it was like a month before sandy hook and I got it out the door for under $200. Standard edition of course.

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    So would I be getting ripped off if I got the 10/22 with the 20" barrel for about $270 including ffl fee? I like longer barrels because I dunno why but I got 1.5" is pretty minor.

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    I have 3: bought one at Dicks, one at Walmart, and one at Dunhams. All three seem to have them pretty regularly at comparable prices.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Would you guys suggest getting a synthetic stock over a wooden one?

Go wooden stock. Better for sling swivels if you ever plan to try an appleseed

I put sling swivels in a synthetic stock and used it for an Appleseed. No problem at all, and I did not have to worry about the rain or mud damaging the synthetic stock or the stainless steel barrel.

The original wood looks better, but the synthetic will handle the sling swivels without difficulty.

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    Can someone explain the barrel band to me? I've heard some people say not to get one with it. Thanks!

bhowell34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Greenwood
    Walmart has a decent selection at good prices. I got mine at elmores bc it is so close to me though. People usually give elmores a bad rap but I've never really had a problem there

rand0mguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    I'm pretty sure all of them are now, and if they don't have one in stock, ask them if they can order it.

The Wal-Mart in Michigan City doesn't sell any guns but pellet guns. They have ammo(well, they used to) and accessories like targets, cleaning supplies, eye/ear pro, but no actual firearms.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    In my recent search you have two options in this current panic climate:

1. Buy it for more at a big box that actually has one. Its a premium but you actually have the luxury of having it NOW.

2. search high and low for a LGS that actually has one (if you can at all) and possibly waste that savings over option 1 in gas and time spent driving (which sometimes makes the far away LGS "deal" more costly than 1.)

3. Special order one from your local preferred LGS that has a good price and wait. (and wait, and wait and wait)

YMMV

*EDIT*
    Expounding on #3: I was looking for a gun the other day. I wont name names but one LGS that I find VERY reliable said sure, they'd order it. But I would have to put a down payment on a gun they could sell in a heartbeat if I walked, even though they couldnt tell me when (they said they SHOULD be able to get it but couldnt guarantee). I understand requiring a deposit for a "left handed 16Ga shotgun with purple stock" but for a weapon that would fly off the shelf if somebody came looking for one without being brand specific? Not a chance.

Another LGS had them on order but didnt know when they would get them... they offered to put me "on the list" (without a deposit) so that I got first dibs when it hit the front door. THATS more like it!

While I would have been glad to put down cash for "We can get them in 2-3 weeks", putting money down for a theoretical resupply that could be 6+ months out... not a chance.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom