• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • morrismm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2014
    Brownsburg
    Where do you recommend meeting someone for a FTF transfer? I know most police stations welcome Craigslist transactions in their lobby/parking lot. However, I wonder if anyone has gone to a police station for a firearm transfer.

I suspect they would be OK with it, but I would definitely call first to ask. Thoughts? Other suggestions?

Slider

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    Brownsburg
    Where do you recommend meeting someone for a FTF transfer? I know most police stations welcome Craigslist transactions in their lobby/parking lot. However, I wonder if anyone has gone to a police station for a firearm transfer.

I suspect they would be OK with it, but I would definitely call first to ask. Thoughts? Other suggestions?

I live in Brownsburg, and know that the Police put out a memo to the Town about allowing residents to use their parking lot as a safe transaction place for Craigslist type Sales and Purchases. Except for the Purchasing or Sale of Firearms. You should call to verify. I will see if I can track it down for you. I usually meet in Wal-Mart parking Lot.

Slider

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    Brownsburg
    I live in Brownsburg, and know that the Police put out a memo to the Town about allowing residents to use their parking lot as a safe transaction place for Craigslist type Sales and Purchases. Except for the Purchasing or Sale of Firearms. You should call to verify. I will see if I can track it down for you. I usually meet in Wal-Mart parking Lot.

Here is the Link: Town of Brownsburg, Indiana / Document Center / Brownsburg Police Department Offers Safe Spot for Online Sales Exchanges

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    NOTE: Firearms sales and purchases are prohibited on town property

Time to meet someone on town property. I think I have Guy's number in my phone....

morrismm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2014
    Brownsburg
    Thanks, Slider! I wonder where the Brownsburg Police Department would suggest we do such transfers. Maybe the Sheriff's office will be more welcoming. I just don't want to drive to Danville.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    +1 Here...

I'll meet just about anywhere that's public and open. I focus more on who I'm meeting and not where.

^^^My thoughts exactly.
    I like to see a history of the INGO Member-how long, how many posts, feedback on iTrader as close as it can be to 100%??

If all of these #'s do not look VERY GOOD to me, I MAY?? still do the deal, but I will have another friend/family with me..

I have made a FEW trades/deals here on INGO, and I have yet to have ANY problems at all..Most all Members are VERY friendly and have lots of GREAT information that I can use...Bill.

npwinder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2016
    Kouts
    In Porter County you can meet at the sheriff's station, With firearms you have to call in advance. You maybe able to check with Hendricks County and see if they have a similar policy or not.

I also wouldn't rely too much on video cameras on the exterior of any business. Even if you see plenty of them, you'd have to know where they're pointed and focused at to get a good shot of the transaction. Often times that's only going to be the stores biggest assets. Even in this day of technology, they are not always the best picture quality. You have to pay attention to the location of the sun or other light sources and if the camera is potentially being blinded. While cameras are usually going 24/7, they do break occasionally.

Cameras are deterrents, but they're out of your control, don't use them as an excuse to let your guard down.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I've used the Marsh parking lot a few times. They have lotsa cameras, it is pretty quiet during weekdays, and the clientele isn't as ..... sketchy.... as WalMart.

Didn't know about the Police Station thing. Might do that next time, just to have some fun with State Preemption.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Myself and another member meant at a diner in Crawfordsville for lunch then traded in the parking lot.
    I still PM the guy occasionally to see what's up!

biggen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    When I do a deal in my town, I meet at the closed K-Mart and then invite the guy to follow me to the private rifle and pistol club a few blocks away. That way if either of us want to shoot the firearm(s) they can. And no one thinks anything of a couple of guys waving guns around.

But if we're doing a meet halfway kind of deal, then I just meet them someplace public and wide open and don't wave the guns around, kind of keep things on the DL.

morrismm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2014
    Brownsburg
    For those of you in Brownsburg, I called the police department today. They said they would "get back to me." I'll let you know when/if that happens.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have used Walmart parking lots, Big R, Gander Mountain. A couple people I went to their house (fellow regulars). One guy wanted to meet in city parking across from police station. Never a problem.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I have met INGO members in quite a few places. Sometimes just off of the interstate as I'm passing through. Usually I look at feedback scores and have a pretty good idea if they are a member on here. It's honestly why I choose to buy and sell on here. If I don't know much of the guy or can't see anything I also just choose a good open area, usually a parking lot somewhere. The only thing I like about the police station is that it would most likely scare off someone with poor intentions.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    evolevo
    Top Bottom