Best place to sell online (besides INGO)?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Where's a good place to get top dollar for guns? My husband and I have decided we've gotten in too deep with our finances, and are selling the AR-15s we bought in November. His is a higher-end gun, from Black Rain, so I realize that's going to take a certain buyer. I've listed it on INGO, and will list more stuff later. I hate to do this, but laying awake stressing about too much debt just doesn't get it. Husband's work hours aren't what we thought they'd be, and home and vehicle repairs are more important.

mistap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Art. 1, Sec. 32
    At that price, only one place to take it: moremoneythan sense.com

I seriously hope you don't have that much invested in it. Knight's, Noveske's and LMT's are all fgoing for less, much less, now.

I think you're a couple weeks late to really cash in.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Gunbroker.com. I have bought and sold there for 10 or 12 years. Well run outfit. Never had any trouble. If someone even smells like a scammer, they are kicked off right away. Many of the accounts there have 100's and some have 1000's of transactions, so you know they are legit. Good Luck

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I've pretty much started using Armslist a lot vs. INGO. On armslist I get what I put on it usually with many e-mails wanting to buy very quickly versus people on INGO trying to make ridiculous offers. There is a sweetspot for pricing on armslist though and some high dollar stuff may not sell and may do better on gunbroker. I've never had a bad transaction using either.

JCatt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Gunbroker works for me. If you are seriously considering selling the sooner the better :twocents: I think most items are falling in price, except ammo and bcg's.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    I've pretty much started using Armslist a lot vs. INGO. On armslist I get what I put on it usually with many e-mails wanting to buy very quickly versus people on INGO trying to make ridiculous offers. There is a sweetspot for pricing on armslist though and some high dollar stuff may not sell and may do better on gunbroker. I've never had a bad transaction using either.

People don't pay asking price on here because they probably know what the gun is worth, instead of what you want to sell it for?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    GunBroker all the way. :yesway:

There are other auction houses out there but GB is the largest buy far and this means you'll get more eyes on your product. There is a fee as there is with others and I will gladly pay it to keep from the BS of those other sites.

I actually sold guns on eBay years ago until they pulled the plug on that. Gunbroker got most their business since then.

With all that said -

Please don't sell a gun to pay the bills.

In my marriage,(if you can call it that) I sold more guns than I care to admit for rent and bills just to get by.
    In reality, it paid for more shoes and dresses and etc...
    Any amount of money I made would have never been enough for her.

Bottom line, it made me physically sick because of what I had done and it still sickens me now - in fact, just by writing this is making me remember it all. :puke:

After ditching the wife,(Yeah) I made a vow to myself that anything I sell out of my collection, whether it be a gun or accessories, will go back into the collection as another gun or accessories.

I haven't broken that vow since.

Please don't sell - You won't like yourself afterwords. :(

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    The first of many sellers that panic bought and are now selling at a loss. There'll be some good deals a comin' soon folks. Just you wait.

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    The first of many sellers that panic bought and are now selling at a loss. There'll be some good deals a comin' soon folks. Just you wait.

Not to get in the middle of this, but she did say that they bought them in November which is pre-panic. Whether or not that is true...I dunno. According to another post, their asking price is post-panic, however, a little too post-panic as prices are starting to get to the 'not too retarded' price range.

Best of luck.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Gunbroker has been a very good market for me.. Anything hi-end I would certainly take there. But if you don't have an account you won't have any buy/sell history and the bids you get will be low because of that. If you know someone that has an established GunBroker account that would be your best bet.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    People don't pay asking price on here because they probably know what the gun is worth, instead of what you want to sell it for?

No, not exactly, you are half right. People know what the gun is worth and want to offer you well below market value, when I sell something it is always at a much fairer price than most. I've done a lot of great deals on INGO with some great members but I can ask a fair price on armslist and sell almost instantly. That's the key though is you have to price it fairly to move it quickly.

Top Bottom