• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Only pocket I carry in is a IWB thingy that's referred to as a holster but to each his own.
    Same here. I did experiment with the idea at one time. My problem was my hands are to big and no one makes a front or rear pocket that I could grip the firearm and pull it out. I had to reach in and pull it out of my pocket with a finger and a thumb. Then I had to get a better grip. By that time a healthy thug would have stuck you 20 times with a knife.
    I tried smaller firearms nothing worked. So I just carry at 4 o'clock iwb it's out of the way for work and accessible fairly quickly. Plus I like a FS grip and not more than 4" barrel. 3" with full size grip is perfect IMO. I find it's faster to point and move from target to target.

Edit: added pictures for reference

My Shield 45acp 7rd magazine.
    20240112_233409.jpg

My CZ P10F
    20240112_233440.jpg

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Ruger LCR works good from pocket carry also.

I use one as such in my top coat pocket in the winter. Never had to use it in that context, but when I was a real detective I knocked on many a door with it in my hand inside my pocket. Now I'm mostly just worried about the porpoise sized cockroaches in the stairwells of the CCB.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Single stack small Sig .380 P238 or 9mm P938. Even those don't fit in my pockets. I have to cover them with a shirt or jacket. An extra mag fits in a pocket quite easily.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I have on occasion been lazy and tried to pocket carry but it just never works out for me. My pockets already have stuff in them, it is slow to draw from with a decent size gun unless you start with your hand on it, for me it is uncomfortable, it limits you to mostly a BUG size firearm, which is fine, well for a BUG. When I did do it it was with my Denny Reichard tuned S&W 642.

1000000801.jpg

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I have on occasion been lazy and tried to pocket carry but it just never works out for me. My pockets already have stuff in them, it is slow to draw from with a decent size gun unless you start with your hand on it, for me it is uncomfortable, it limits you to mostly a BUG size firearm, which is fine, well for a BUG. When I did do it it was with my Denny Reichard tuned S&W 642.

Yeah pocket carry requires me to rearrange my pockets. Which means less stuff. So for me it’s usually limited to a very quick run somewhere or around the house. I do find a pocket gun handy when working in the office, watching TV or mowing grass. On occasion I will carry a bug and offside pocket carry works well, but it encounters the same issues with taking valuable pocket space.

Right now my pocket option is a Ruger LCP. I had a nicely tuned up S&W 642 that I gave to my dad. I really enjoyed that 642 and it was a great option as a house gun or BUG.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Cargo pockets are the answer. Not for the gun, but for all the other crap that would normally go in the gun pocket. These days you almost need cargo-sized pockets for your phone anyway, as they've all grown into being basically tablets.

If I have a gun in a pocket it's typically either a backup to something else or when I'm just lying around the house for convenience...it's not usually a primary carry option for me. That said, I do carry that way a lot, and the old Galco pocket holster has held up well over the years. It's very slim, stays in the pocket consistently on the draw, and I like the extra layer of protection even with the heavy DA trigger.

IMG_20240113_135020084.jpg

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    Cargo pockets are the answer. Not for the gun, but for all the other crap that would normally go in the gun pocket. These days you almost need cargo-sized pockets for your phone anyway, as they've all grown into being basically tablets.

If I have a gun in a pocket it's typically either a backup to something else or when I'm just lying around the house for convenience...it's not usually a primary carry option for me. That said, I do carry that way a lot, and the old Galco pocket holster has held up well over the years. It's very slim, stays in the pocket consistently on the draw, and I like the extra layer of protection even with the heavy DA trigger.

View attachment 325472
    That leather has seen some days. My Grand-father always said women and guns should be kept in leather...

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    To me, a concealed hammer, airweight J-frame was a great pocket carry gun. I had a Smith 642 that I pocket carried for many years in a Mika holster. Very light, didn't snag, and I never drew the holster.

I later carried a Glock 43 the same way, but the additional weight did not go unnoticed. It fit in a cargo pocket just fine, but wasn't as easy to get in the hip pocket.

cratz2

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 25, 2023
    Central, IN
    I usually only pocket carry during the cold months... jacket/coat pocket carry. Taurus M85 Ultra Lite loaded with 110 Gr +P Critical Defense.

I've also pocket carried my G43 but it doesn't fit as well in my pockets.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I started pocket carrying with a S&W 642 hammerless. Those will disappear in a pocket. Then I moved to the S&W Shield when it was the hot new thing because it was 9mm in a tiny packable and I wanted magazines and night sights that I couldn't get with the S&W 642. Switched to Gen 2 shield when that came out. Currently I'm using whatever the small/normal sized P365 with thumb safety because I wanted more ammo that the shield.

I would highly recommend Blue Force Gear pocket holsters. Out of all the pocket holsters I've had those absolutely disappear the best and print the least.

migunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 4, 2011
    DeMotte
    Seecamp .380. I also have one in .32. These are for when you cannot carry.
    Otherwise a Sig 365 with Wilson grip module and a 17 round Macro Magazine.

Attachments

• 69731033911__614BE632-0569-4C96-9D48-537ADAF42FDB.jpeg
      69731033911__614BE632-0569-4C96-9D48-537ADAF42FDB.jpeg
      377.2 KB · Views: 1
    Top Bottom