• Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Yep - definitely numbers game.

The more I think about it - the more I wonder if something else may work better? Something like an AR-style .22 like the MP15-22. But then That's about $400 - but I wouldn't have to buy a new stock in a few years.

*sigh*

As a guy who suffers from paralysis by analysis - this. is. maddening.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Yep - definitely numbers game.

The more I think about it - the more I wonder if something else may work better? Something like an AR-style .22 like the MP15-22. But then That's about $400 - but I wouldn't have to buy a new stock in a few years.

*sigh*

As a guy who suffers from paralysis by analysis - this. is. maddening.

I love my 10/22! but right now the only factory parts on it are the receiver and the bolt (just the bolt, the firing pin and charging handle have been changed) and even tho you can say the bx trigger is factory, it didn't come on my 10/22, its main use is steel challenge and bowling pin shoots, I haven't kept a record of the money ive spent on this 10/22, I can tell you, ive spent more in upgrades than I spent buying the 10/22! but i'll try from memory

champion industries fluted bull barrel 99.99 (on sale from cdnn)
    ruger bx trigger 55.00 (wirthweins guns a local gun shop that specializes in 22 caliber race guns in Yankeetown Indiana) even tho I work in another shop, this place gets my money on a lot of my things!, and I send people there all the time!
    boyds evolution stock 130.00 (boyds)
    volquartsen buffer 10.00 (midway usa)
    volquartsen firing pin 35.00 (midway usa)
    tactical solutions vblock 18.00 (midway usa)
    volquartsen charging handle 43.00 (wirthweins) there prices are inline with midway
    so theres 390.00 in upgrades (before tax and shipping) on a gun that sell new for 225-250, but that gun can shoot! and that's before the red dot sight! (this is an old pic, ive replaced the red dot with a vortex viper red dot)
    View attachment 69469

and heres what itll shoot
    View attachment 69470

that off a bench checking zero for bowling pin shoots at about 25 paces out, and the red dot is as big as the red dot in my sight!

I'm contemplating building another one for pins/steel and using this one for target shooting at greater distances and maybe nrl 22

I know none of this helps with your build, but saying all that, I might know someone who has a barrel (factory tapered), vblock (no screws tho) buffer (both a factory and a buffer technologies recoil reducing buffer), and maybe a few other parts laying around that he'll never use! AND that he might sell at a reasonable price, especially if someone were to use those parts to build a gun for a little lady and introduce a new shooter to our hobby!

ndbbm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2011
    I know a guy that will have https://adaptivetactical.com/products/adtac-rm4-rm4-se-ruger-10-22-rifle-stock-1
    in blue camo at the 1500 for 79.00.

how about a stock like this
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2...-pull-rifle-stock-ruger-10-22-synthetic-black on a standard 10/22?

with the 6 position stock, it can grow with your daughter till she can use the factory stock, and the Blackhawk stock is pretty light so with the factory tapered barrel it shouldn't be hard for her to hold

i know a guy with the Blackhawk stock and a tac sol aluminum bull barrel, and if you closed your eyes, and he handed the rifle to you, you would think its a cricket or savage rascal! that's how light the gun is!

Top Bottom