• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PurdueGunLover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Delphi
    First thanks for everyone's great advise on prior threads.

I have the conceal carry guns which I just bought. Thanks to your advise. Now I am looking for just a great gun to take to the range be able to practice any drills and what not then carry on certain occasions.
    the qualities I was thinking of were
    1.) double action
    2.) accurate (not sure how far what do you think) 10 inch @ 50 yrds.
    3.) 9mm (cheap effective ammo no .22s)
    4.) reliable
    5.) at least 12 round capacity
    Laser grip?

can you thing of others.

guns thinking of: 92fs, 9 XDM, glock?

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    It's not one of the guns you listed but I think the .357 Magnum is the perfect gun for range use. You can practice with light .38 wad cutters to perfect your sighting, trigger control, double action and single action shooting.You can find so many different loadings from the lite practice all the way up to heavy .357 mag loads. I vote for a S&W K/L frame to start with.

Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Get yourself a GLOCK and practice

You won't break the GLOCK.

The GLOCK is simple.

The GLOCK shoots well and puts your hand up where it should be.

Get a GLOCK that fits your hand in 9mm and shoot it.

What more do you need???

Vanguard.45

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    Why not shoot and practice with your carry gun? That is the one you are depending on to save your life if need be. Why not become as proficient as possible with it. If you bought a good one you are not going to wear it out.
    If you bring another gun into the mix you will have different manual of arms to learn as well as different grip angle mag release placement etc. I believe becoming as good as you can be with your carry gun is more important. Buy ammo and take a class or 2.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Why not shoot and practice with your carry gun? That is the one you are depending on to save your life if need be. Why not become as proficient as possible with it. If you bought a good one you are not going to wear it out.
    If you bring another gun into the mix you will have different manual of arms to learn as well as different grip angle mag release placement etc. I believe becoming as good as you can be with your carry gun is more important. Buy ammo and take a class or 2.

I have to agree here. I have one range only gun because it's a limited edition. I have two carry guns, and I shoot them as often as possible. The range only gun, gets shot rarely.

PurdueGunLover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Delphi
    I practice multiple times a week with my carry gun. It is a Beretta tomcat for my carry gun. It has not been my first. I switched to it because of size and ease. I love it. I just want something a little bigger for fun. I am keeping a 92 in mind. I agree one needs to practice with thier carry gun.

CW9

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2009
    Greenwood
    I was Glock for a long time with my range gun, but I have switch to an M&P fullsized 9mm. I will soon be switching my carry gun from a compact .45 1911 to a compact M&P .45.

1) M&P is awesome
    2) full-sized is more accurate than compact and sub-compact, less recoil
    3) 9mm is cheap if you don't reload
    4) easy to clean and quality parts
    5) 17rd mags
    6) adjustable straps really helps make the gun fit your had

PurdueGunLover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Delphi
    I have read a few articles about them. how accurate would you compare a full sized glock in comparison? They are a striker fire correct, or is it a sa / da? heavy trigger pull? sights?

Top Bottom