• TheFox

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2020
    St. Joseph County
    I'm looking for rmr suggestions.
    Glock 40 10mm
    It will be carried occasionally for pp but mostly will be used at the range. It might come with me in the car also. It could get bumped around a little but I don't expect to be taking this gun to war. I just need something good for the money. Hopefully lifetime warranty. Decent battery life.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Vortex has the best warranty in the biz, but the Holosuns are great for carrying. The big circle makes the dot easier to find. My first RDS was a Vortex Venom and it took some time to get used to finding the dot quickly.

TheFox

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2020
    St. Joseph County
    Vortex has the best warranty in the biz, but the Holosuns are great for carrying. The big circle makes the dot easier to find. My first RDS was a Vortex Venom and it took some time to get used to finding the dot quickly.
    Is there a way to make it just the dot as an option or is it always circle and dot?

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    A) RMR is an individual line of optics from Trijicon. So, by default, the best RMR will be *THE* RMR by Trijicon. On a 10mm gun I'd go with one of those.

B) if you don't want to pony up for a real RMR, I'd look at one of the Holosun offerings.

C) if there's any chance your life will depend upon it, I'll stop looking there.

D) If you wanted to get one of those optic mounts that people use on older "open guns" (like the ALG 6-second mount), then virtually any quality optic will work decently.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Another vote for the real RMR. Always on, crisp dot, bullet proof.

I had a Holosun. Nice red dot. Will probably be fine. But I ended up liking the larger 6.5 MOA dot on the RMR so I could keep it on a low setting and have a nice round dot instead of the starburst effect I had on my Holosun due to having to crank up the brightness because of my older eyes.

I tried the circle dots but didn't care for them.

Buy once, cry once.

jstrahl

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Franklin
    I had a G20 milled and put a Trijicon RMR on it. While I was researching micro red dots I had read quite a few people saying the Holosuns and Vortexes didn't hold up under the recoil of full bore 10mm loads. Unfortunately its been a while so I can't provide links.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    One thing I will add; if you are having a slide milled, make sure it is for a red dot that you will want long term. I know that at least some of the Holosun's have the same footprint as the RMR but others will be proprietary.

Go with a proven company, proven optic and one that you think will be around for a long time.

You can always buy a new slide, but that can be costly. Much more than paying more up front for a top tiered optic.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I run RMRs, but Holosun are great too. Whatever you get, DONT get a non-adjustable. Too many training issues coming out of low light and losing the dot for a long amount of time, by me and many professionals I know.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    I attempted to like the SRO but was too bulky for my tastes.
    The solar model just didn't trip my trigger either.
    I fought the whole idea but listened to some real hard users on another forum finally got in the game and never looked back.
    First thing I did was get training with Coach (R.I.P.) and ran it hard through all his classes a couple of time. Now I'm sold on them.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I had a Vortex Viper on my Glock 40, but it would not hold a zero. Now I have a Trijicon RM-07 mounted in a Forward Controls plate and all is good. I plan to buy a Holosun 507C at some point to put on it for the bigger sight picture and solar backup. Then I will put the RMR on my Glock 34 and make it a GSSF unlimited gun.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I had a Vortex Viper on my Glock 40, but it would not hold a zero. Now I have a Trijicon RM-07 mounted in a Forward Controls plate and all is good. I plan to buy a Holosun 507C at some point to put on it for the bigger sight picture and solar backup. Then I will put the RMR on my Glock 34 and make it a GSSF unlimited gun.
    A man with a plan! I like that. I was going to put my 407C which is what I started with (replaced with a RMR) on my AR as a back up sight. But then I sold my AR, lol. So I sold the 407.

Now I have the RMR on my 9mm and a Vortex on my Ruger MKII.

Top Bottom