• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Im thinking about getting a mosin. I want to get the composite stock but I also want a rail and scope for it. I dont know what scopes are worth it, I dont want a cheap pos but I dont have $200 to spend on a scope either.

I also need to know where to get the bent bolt and whatever modding that takes to put said scope on unless you have any ideas on how to put it farther up the stock.

Thank you!

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Go to Rock Solid Indutries web site. From what I have seen, they seem to have the best stuff for a mosin. You can get the ATI composit stock and the ATI scope mount and bolt handle kit from cheaper than dirt, natchez ss, midway USA. I found it to be an easy installation. Oh, rock solid ind. also sells bedding pillars and replacement hardened action screws.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    For the amount of trouble the ATI kit can be, just send the bolt off to have it done professionally. A quality tapped scope mount, like the Rock Solid kit is great. The "scout mount" kits are usually garbagy from what I horsed with.

A GOOD scope is going to set you back at least 200 bucks. I tried some of the cheapy shotgun style options, but they all ultimately break. One of my Mosins has a nice Nikon on it right now and it's lasted (but also costed me 250 bucks). 427 has a good option of the Simmons scope.

If you are going to just scope a Mosin, do it service and get it right. For future fun, Boyd is now making REALLY nice stocks for the Mosin. Might as well go all the way! :D

Top Bottom