• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    I am looking for a scope for less than $150 to put atop a intermediate range rifle until I can afford something better. Wondered if you guys had some experience and could share. What is the best bang for the buck?:ingo:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    i would go just a small tad higher, and look at the bushnell 3200
    or you could go with a simmons whitetail classic

unfortunatly under 150 dollars, doesnt even leave me room to make reccomendations of what TO get rather all i can try to do is help you with what NOT to get.

their are a whole lot more lemons UNDER 200 dollars than their are OVER

PeacekeeperMX

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Last edited:

usmcdjb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    120   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Wabash County
    Agree with PeacekeeperMX - I'd take a look at what Natchez has going right now. I like the Bushnell Elite 3200s - have the 10x40 MILDOT on a rifle and seems solid. It runs $149 + shipping right now. And there's an offer from Bushnell for a free jacket (with $15 shipping) with any HD scope you purchase. I think all the Elite series qualify. Even the Trophy XLTs and Banner scopes get pretty good reviews and are on sale.

Might also take a look at the Weaver scopes on Natchez. They are the makers for Nitrex, and the TR2 line has been likened to the Weaver Grand Slams, and gotten pretty good reviews from what I can find. They are a bit more to purchase, but have a $100 rebate on the TR2s til the end of the year which would put them in your range.

I've got Nikon scopes too, and think the Prostaff would fall into your range and be a good scope.

I found this information if it helps gauge scope quality. I'm not saying this is gospel, but is a resource I located which you may find useful when making your decision.

The Optics Talk Forums - SWFA Riflescope Rating Scale

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Agree with PeacekeeperMX - I'd take a look at what Natchez has going right now. I like the Bushnell Elite 3200s - have the 10x40 MILDOT on a rifle and seems solid. It runs $149 + shipping right now. And there's an offer from Bushnell for a free jacket (with $15 shipping) with any HD scope you purchase. I think all the Elite series qualify. Even the Trophy XLTs and Banner scopes get pretty good reviews and are on sale.

Might also take a look at the Weaver scopes on Natchez. They are the makers for Nitrex, and the TR2 line has been likened to the Weaver Grand Slams, and gotten pretty good reviews from what I can find. They are a bit more to purchase, but have a $100 rebate on the TR2s til the end of the year which would put them in your range.

I've got Nikon scopes too, and think the Prostaff would fall into your range and be a good scope.

I found this information if it helps gauge scope quality. I'm not saying this is gospel, but is a resource I located which you may find useful when making your decision.

The Optics Talk Forums - SWFA Riflescope Rating Scale

i have a 3-15 tr2 and its one of the best bang for the money scopes on the market. my turret broke last week and i sent it back no questions ask. personally i dont have a problem with the scope breaking, my problem is when a company is a pita about making it right and nitrex was not.

after rebate it ran 250 and is well worth it

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Lots of people seem to like to buy the redfield revolution line as most places are sold out of them for now. The one i was looking at is the 2-7 by 32 version.

Redfield will have more in the pipeline soon but they are selling well.. The warrenty is from leupold so is the scope just wearing the redfield name which they purchased. I like the low power bottom range scopes. I hope the bring out a 1-4 by 20 version.

philagothon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    On the 7th step
    My father-in-law's 2-7x33 Redfield with Accurange reticle is scheduled to arrive Monday. It was the best I could find in the <$150 range. It will be sitting on his Savage MkII that we got him for Fathers Day.

ETA: Optics Planet said they had a shelf full of them just a couple days ago.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Check out the mueller scopes, I love the one on my .223. I'm not home but I think mine is a 6-24x44 with a sunshade and I think I paid right at $200

Top Bottom