• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Is a slug just a slug? I saw that Winchester had a pretty interesting round called the PDX1. So apparently, it appears that there are companies trying to expand upon what a "slug" actually is. Not trying to be obtuse, but just throwing something out there that I saw and wanted to get opinions on! Any thoughts?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Bad guy with level 4 body armor? I'm thinking any deer slug would put some blunt force trauma on the bad guy. Other than that 00 or 000 buck seems a better choice.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Awfully hard hitting regardless of what type you use.

I've used the sabots to hunt with years ago, but gave it up to hunt with 44 mag because I could cast and shoot cheaper. Getting in more practice for the dollar.:)

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    The PDX1 rounds are segmented slugs, designed to split apart, not just mushroom on impact.

They are designed to cause multiple wound channels much like those of the buckshot, but it holds together until impact.

Some pretty nasty stuff, but dead is dead, and old-fashioned Foster slugs kill dead as anything, at a much cheaper price.

You probably wouldn't need to worry so much about a pass-through with the PDX1's. Slugs WILL go through things, many things, and sometimes many things in a row.

Top Bottom