• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GMack_1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2009
    Montgomery Co.
    To be honest, I've been out of the shotgun arena for more years than I'd like to mention (too busy building a lousy career). Now I am back into it again. Have recently purchased a pair of evil sisters (Remingon and Mossy)..., so you know where I am going. But what the heck! Buckshot used to be buckshot, but now we have environmentally friendly stuff going on..., with supposedly more stopping power? Steel vs lead vs some white powdery stuff? Someone "wise" please school me.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    To be honest, I've been out of the shotgun arena for more years than I'd like to mention (too busy building a lousy career). Now I am back into it again. Have recently purchased a pair of evil sisters (Remingon and Mossy)..., so you know where I am going. But what the heck! Buckshot used to be buckshot, but now we have environmentally friendly stuff going on..., with supposedly more stopping power? Steel vs lead vs some white powdery stuff? Someone "wise" please school me.

I have 00 BUCK & HOLLOW-POINT SLUGS, how can I go wrong:D

Mat250

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Indianapolis
    +1 for #4 buck. I took a few to the range and felt It would be the best to stop an intruder inside the house, if I needed to. Lets hope neither of us find out.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    It all depends on your living arrangements what is "best".

00-Buck will go through multiple walls. That might not make it best for apartments/condos/duplexes/etc. Might not even be best for a typical vinyl-sided house, depending on "shooting lanes" in the house.

#4 buck or BB still packs enough wallop at HD ranges, yet won't go through nearly as many walls.

Remember, each projectile that leaves your weapon has a lawyer attached to it. And shotguns throw lots of projectiles. Choose your equipment wisely.

-J-

D.T.O.M.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    martinsville
    I have OO in mine but it works for my house.
    Lets face it if you engage someone in your home or apartment witchever it maybe
    The closeness in witch they will be Just about any shot size will work. You just need to be mindfull of penetration and what works in your dwelling!

Top Bottom