• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Yeah yeah .. I know this has been talked to death .. just search blah blah .. All of those remarks are true, I have seen threads discussing just this .. BUT when I go back to try and find them (the titles of those threads must have left a lot to be desired or Im just an idiot when it comes to search terms) I cant find the ones that I'm looking for.

I am personally looking for "good sights" ... if everyone says red dot sights are the way to go I'll take that into consideration .. I don't mind spending money if it is a good product. However there is always the nagging thought of what would happen in the SHTF scenario and I really don't know if I want to train myself to rely on a site that takes batteries and needs turned on and off.

So post up some thoughts here and maybe help a few of us search impaired folks out! :)

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    My personal preference.. Sorry for the fuzzy pic but you get the idea.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

34sightsa.jpg

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    The front sight is important. It has to be clear and focused. If your eyes can't make it clear (which is a symptom of those of us over a certain age), the best thing you can do for your pistol is to buy a set of glasses.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I have a G19 that I put Ameriglo I-Dot Pro's sights on. I like them - they're pretty easy to pick up in the day time and the tritium is very bright in low light conditions.

M-101-R_GL-212-220-OR-FR.jpg

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    My personal preference.. Sorry for the fuzzy pic but you get the idea.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

34sightsa.jpg
    What kind of sights are those Charlie? I've never seen a rear with a flat bar like that.

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Thanks for everyone posting up .. I gave out as much rep as I could for the day. :)

I had been looking at the truglo .. but have read stories about the fiber strips dislodging and without that the sites are worthless. Has anyone else seen or heard of this issue? Ir could it just be the one-off defect that can be expected of any product?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I have a G19 that I put Ameriglo I-Dot Pro's sights on. I like them - they're pretty easy to pick up in the day time and the tritium is very bright in low light conditions.

M-101-R_GL-212-220-OR-FR.jpg

Aneriglo Hackathorns, those idot pro's look nice too. Just get something with a wide rear notch.

another vote for the Ameriglo Hackthorns, esrice did a quick review on them

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ed_off_the_glock_bandwagon-8.html#post2479380

Another vote for ameriglo. The idot pro and hackthorn are virtually the same sight. The idots have a tritium dot in the rear as well. I love he idots on my M&P. I prefer the U shaped notch on the rear, but its optional.

405061406.jpg

SHCdvldg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Waukesha
    Trijicon HD night sights or 10-8 performance glock sights with a Fiber optic FS. I run a set of each on my 2 G19s... They both rock and have a decent ledge on them if you're ever in the need to perform any one handed weapons manipulations.

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    So the front runners are Truglo, Ameriglo and Trijicon.. anyone know what kind of warranty the Ameiglo or the Truglo has? I cant seem to find it on their web pages.

It looks like the Trijicon has a 12yrs warranty! Which sounds prety awesome, although they are the most expensive and do not have the fiber pieces (like the truglo has) that Ive heard rumors that have a tendency to fall out over time.

Derek -- is that an old picture or do you still have Christmas stockings hanging in March!!?? :P

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Most of the sights listed so far are good, and will do well for you. Trijicon HD's, Warren's, I-Cap's, many of these just come down to personal preference. I would stay away from the fiber optics.

As to your comment about the red dot sights, you don't turn them on and off, they are always on. If the battery does die on you, you use the BUIS.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm partial to Meprolight. They have a nice white plastic insert that holds the illuninated core. During daylight, they're still easy to see, similar to those in post #8. I prefer a 3 dot sight also.

Top Bottom