• ...and so much more!
  • fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I've been down to HNF a few times and I think I've seen like 3 squirrels over the last 4 years.

Does anyone have an insight as to the best places to hunt squirrels down there?

Thanks!

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    This time of year it is hard to find heavy feeding spots. Shaggy bark hickory is just about prime and the oaks are getting about ready but are pretty sour for them yet. Greys are much harder to track down than fox squirrels as they scamper around much further (at least to me they do) than the more northern grays. I see lots of greys down south.
    Buckeyes get some heavy early feeding but for foxy they seem to hit corm fields at this time of year real hard. Streams and rivers seem to have heavier than normal early season action but my take on this may be wrong because I float down streams and river quite a bit in the early fall, and those grand old big trees we normally find a honey hole later in the year produce nuts later than young trees do.
    these are general observations about rat hunting early.

I would stick by some water with younger trees and maybe a corn field close.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Come shoot the b*** that raids my birdfeeder. And she is feisty.

I walked into the backyard last week and she was on top of our backyard swing A frame. She starts barking at me like crazy and flashing her tail. As I walk up to the swing, she just watches me and gives me hell in between nibbling on whatever it was. I literally got just outside arms reach and she refused to run across the swing and up into the tree the other end is inches from. She just kept nibbling and barking. I actually thought maybe she had a baby fall out of a nest and was trying to scare me away, but nothing was on the ground. I think she thought I wanted her snack. LOL

Top Bottom