• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bman1903

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Just wondering what shows you think are worth while in the summer? I'm up in Ft. Wayne and I know those shows are typically slow in the summer, if they even have any, didn't know if that was typical everywhere?

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I am in the fort too and there is not much in ft wayne in the summer, but the Indy 1500 was not to long ago and there are a few here and there outside of fort wayne. Im not sure when the gun shows are at the building by chuckie cheese or the one at the fair grounds but I heard that they are nothing special. Depending on what you are looking for you MIGHT find something there. I usually hit the one up in Lima, OH at the fair grounds. Its around 1000-1500 tables free parking and 5 or 6 bucks to get in. They usually have it every month as well, but I think its over till Sept or Oct.

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    I just hit the Great Eastern show also known as the National Gun Day show this past weekend and it kind of blew. A lot of empty floor space and empty tables. Some tables were set up but covered in nasty stained sheets. WTF? Why go through the trouble of setting up and not showing up? Some tables just had like two guns chained up with a cell number attached to them, again WTF? I did find a couple of things to pop on. But as far as going back to this show during the summer summer summer time, hell no!

bman1903

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Lima, Oh huh? Hadn't heard about that show, thanks for the heads up Tatic! My experience has been the same in the summer, very slow no matter the show. I've been hearing people are starting to panic about elections again, thought that might increase traffic.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Since you guys mentioned Ohio, the Ohio Gun Collectors July show is great. If you think that there are a bunch of guns in Indiana, just wait until you hit one of these. Highly recommended.

Shows

The Ohio Gun collectors shows are great. No fleamarket items, books, or t shirts ect..... Thing is a member has to bring you, Then you can apply to become a member****** I would get an invite first.

Top Bottom