• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    This is the best super bowl commercial I've seen yet.. [video=youtube;xAsjRRMMg_Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAsjRRMMg_Q[/video]

Last edited:

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    I thought the commercials this year sucked. Best one I saw was the Pete rose one that's been out for months already

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Yup......Fiat. Still pretty good one.

The Fiat 500 is a accident waiting to happen. It takes 11 seconds to reach 60MPH and 17 to reach 75... people don't realize how much room you have to have to merge onto an 60/65+ MPH limit road when you take 8 seconds for your car to reach it's power band and another 3-8 to match the flow of traffic. For 8 to 13 seconds, you are virtually a stationary traffic obstruction. Even then the Fiat is struggling.

For the math challenged, 15 seconds at constant 60MPH is a 1/4 mile. If oncoming traffic is less than a 1/3 mile away when you pull out, you will not be up to speed before they have to avoid you.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The Fiat 500 is a accident waiting to happen. It takes 11 seconds to reach 60MPH and 17 to reach 75... people don't realize how much room you have to have to merge onto an 60/65+ MPH limit road when you take 8 seconds for your car to reach it's powerband and another 3-8 to match the flow of traffic. For 8 to 13 seconds, you are virtually a stationary traffic obstruction.

I have experienced this on 465. I nearly ran over one that merged into the middle lane doing what you describe.
    Commercial was cute though.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I think the Nissan commercial with the dad crashing in the race and walking away should have ended with the family crashing their Nissan and walking away.

Not being morbid... think Nissan brings race proven safety to your car.

(Even though they're really just average in the safety department)

Top Bottom