• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar15_dude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    At the risk of ruining my reputation, x10 is my bud. I,ll catch up with him in a few days.
    I am encouraged that a 9 mm glock is a reasonable host. At least it should function. Now i need a sweet can.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    A little off topic, but who is a good source for threaded glock barrels?

There is pretty much one source, Lone Wolfe.

Lone Wolf Distributors - Products - Threaded

They'll run you about $120, give or take.

I put one on my Glock 17.

465314_10150825154521398_1586377432_o.jpg+

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    AGS carries Rat-Tac barrels, they are very nice...not sure what all models of Glocks they make as of yet. There is also Bar-Sto, Storm Lake, etc. Even Glock factory threaded barrels, which they never used to sell to non-LE / Mil people but are doing so now.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    CZ's P07 with factory threaded barrel is coming to stores at this time. It also has taller sights to help accommodate the suppressor.

The original P07 is still available and is a great value. I doubt the threaded set-up would be too much more money.

I don't know if they are in any specific stores in Indiana, maybe KS&E can get one ordered. I'm not ready to buy any 9mm's right now, otherwise I'd have to part with one before I get another. They might be available in .40 also - I'm just not into that round, and I don't know if it is commonly suppressed anywhere.

12CZ_P07_Black_threaded_high.jpg

airmotive

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Sig makes a 226 Combat model with the threaded barrel.
    Does anyone have an opinion on Sigs with a can?
    P226 Combat TB
    P226-CombatTB-hero.jpg
    Got two...one for me and one for wifey. Naturally, wifey's is nicer (Blackwater). Mine is the SCT (Super Capacity Tactical).

Sig Threaded barrels are bit pricey compared to Glocks or MPs. ~$160 each. So if you can find a good deal on a 226 that already has the TB, you're ahead of the curve. Sig uses reverse-threaded metric-pitch barrels; so make sure you get the correct adapter with your can. Other than that, the beefy grip of the 226 and low center of gravity of the weapon makes it feel quite balanced with the can attached.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I was shooting a 40cal Glock 22 with an AAC 45Ti-Rant just the other day, sounded and shot nice imo.

But was it on par to shooting a 9mm conversion barrel with the same G22 frame? The few times I heard people shooting suppressed .40S&W it was just the owners justifying to themselves that the .40 was quite-er than what it was and everyone else wishing they went back to shooting 9 or 45 suppressed.

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    But was it on par to shooting a 9mm conversion barrel with the same G22 frame? The few times I heard people shooting suppressed .40S&W it was just the owners justifying to themselves that the .40 was quite-er than what it was and everyone else wishing they went back to shooting 9 or 45 suppressed.

For sure it sounds better than a 45 suppresed. I was shooting a 45osprey on a hk usp with 230 grn ball and the G22 with the Ti-rant shooting 180 blazers sounded a lot better to me, we were just shooting not testing with sound meters though. Was it 9mm quiet, probably not, but it sounded very good for sure.

Top Bottom