• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • claybustr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2011
    With a decent bolt buffer I've been extremely pleased with both of my suppressed 10/22s. I have an integrally suppressed barrel on one and an AAC Pilot for the other and pistols. THe pilot may be a little louder but not by much to my old ears.

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Well after a bunch of phone calls I found a 10/22 takedown with a threaded barrel!!! Fresh off the assembly line #355 I think. Probably going to put some tech sights on it.

Next up is a bolt rifle. Not in a hurry for that one, maybe summer time.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Well after a bunch of phone calls I found a 10/22 takedown with a threaded barrel!!! Fresh off the assembly line #355 I think. Probably going to put some tech sights on it.

Next up is a bolt rifle. Not in a hurry for that one, maybe summer time.

:postpics:

I want to see pictures when you get it. That take down that's threaded looks like such an awesome piece of kit. I bought a regular take down and sold it, but the threaded take down is a game changer.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Imo cz 452 is the best moderate priced bolt action made. The savage is number 2. Adding a suppressor does not change either ranking

A suppressed CZ452 is movie quiet. Seriously, I've never heard a 22 quieter than one of those. About all you'll hear is the click of the firing pin.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Will do, any thing specific you want pics of?
    If you could get some good ones of how the front sight is setup due to the threading I'd appreciate it. Otherwise I think everything else is pretty standard for the 10-22TD.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Yes, 22 suppressed is the most impressive suppression in my opinion. While a 22 isn't that loud go begin with, it's unbelievably quiet with a suppressor. Just the sound of the hammer or bolt and the impact on target.

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Looks like a standard dovetail to me. The Flash hider looks like it needs a tool to be removed. I dont have time tonight to mess with it

2013-02-04_19-55-50_948_zpsb86e602b.jpg

Last edited:

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Well, I did it again... just ordered a Savage MK II FV-SR. Any one know if the 93 mags work in this?
    I should be pretty well set up for hosts now..

10/22 Take down Threaded
    22/45 Lite
    MKII FV-SR

Please dont tell me what Im missing...

Ok, tell me.

1371MARINE

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    The Region
    So Im in the process of getting my first supressor for a 22 and am really excited to be able to teach my kids to shoot.

I want at least 1 bolt and 1 semi auto. I figure the semi auto will be a 10/22 of some sort. Probably the new takedown with threaded barrel.

How about a bolt gun? I have heard mixed reviews about the savage mark II threaded. Only down side is the crappy stock. What other options are there?

How much louder is the action on a 10/22 vs a bolt gun? I wouldnt mind 2 differnt 10/22s if were talking about a few decibels...

The supressor I will be running is a guardian 22.

10/22 is a great gun, very reliable, fairly cheap, easy to work on and trick out. tactical solutions makes a replacement barrel for it that is 12" long with a shroud to house a suppressor. that makes it legal - a SBR with no stamp (except for the can) and the overall length of the barrel with an average 6" suppressor threaded on will make it appx. 18" - 18.5" Costs about $275.00 for the barrel.
    I'll try to upload a pic later

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    10/22 is a great gun, very reliable, fairly cheap, easy to work on and trick out. tactical solutions makes a replacement barrel for it that is 12" long with a shroud to house a suppressor. that makes it legal - a SBR with no stamp (except for the can) and the overall length of the barrel with an average 6" suppressor threaded on will make it appx. 18" - 18.5" Costs about $275.00 for the barrel.

Wouldnt the shroud have to be permanently attached, giving you the 16in OAL anyways? I just dont see how this is any better, especially since you couldnt legally remove the shroud to thread on a supressor.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Looks like a standard dovetail to me. The Flash hider looks like it needs a tool to be removed. I dont have time tonight to mess with it

2013-02-04_19-55-50_948_zpsb86e602b.jpg

Nice! The ruger flash hider will pop right off with a wrench.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Wouldnt the shroud have to be permanently attached, giving you the 16in OAL anyways? I just dont see how this is any better, especially since you couldnt legally remove the shroud to thread on a supressor.

The shroud is permanently attached, but it's large enough that the suppressor fits inside, so the suppressor doesn't add another 8 inches to the OAL.

digitalrebel80

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97.4%
    38   1   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    New Whiteland
    Great that will cost me another $275. ;) Thanks for the info on it. now off to find one.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    That makes more sense. That is actually pretty cool. Is it compatible with any supressor, or only specific models?

The ones I've seen have been pretty big. They almost look like barrel shrouds. They look terrible when there is no suppressor inside. As for the attachment, it's a standard 1/2x28 thread, so any suppressor will screw on, as long as it physically fits inside the shroud.

hQgvQWq.jpg

c6dC0hp.jpg

http://www.tacticalsol.com/tshome/c...rifle-accessories/ruger-rifle-barrel-upgrades

Top Bottom