• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I've been perusing as well. TOPS knives has the BOB Knife and Shango XL for about $130 right now - both come with a kydex sheath and firesteel.

I have mix of Becker/ESEE EsKaBar, Mora Carbon, SOG SealPup, and a repurposed Tramontina steak knife (yeah, I said steak knife - that thing is awesome!) as field knives right now.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    After the financial demise of Blackjack back in the day, what survives are two very different lines: the line of Blackjacks that are Randall clones and actually made by Bark River... good stuff. Then they have this line of cheap flea market crap that wholesales for 10-15... i wouldn't trust that garbage to clean my toenails.

Sub $100? Becker, Esee, Ontario/Ranger. <200? Swamp Rat/Scrap Yard.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    you are doing yourself a disservice if you aren't using one of these to survive. Hand's down the best survival knife on the market

Amazon.com: Gerber 31-000751 Bear Grylls Survival Series Ultimate Knife, Serrated Edge: Home Improvement

Yikes! Out of 363 reviews from hard core survivalists and outdoorsmen on Amazon it was rated at 4 of 5 stars. I don't doubt that it's a nice knife for $40, but I can't buy that it's a 4 out of 5.

I have one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Schrade-SCHF2SM-Extreme-Survival-One-Piece/dp/B0038A1VKW/ref=pd_sim_hi_3 that 4 hardcore survivalists on amazon rated at 4 of 5 as well. I won't recommend it to you yet because I haven't gotten to use it yet, but I like the concept.

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    you are doing yourself a disservice if you aren't using one of these to survive. Hand's down the best survival knife on the market

Amazon.com: Gerber 31-000751 Bear Grylls Survival Series Ultimate Knife, Serrated Edge: Home Improvement

I was just kidding. I'm an ESEE fan (my pic is the Izula logo). I would recommend and ESEE from the Knife Lady for a good survival knife in the $100 range (maybe a bit more). I love my ESEE 4.

http://www.eseeknives.com/ESEE-4.jpg

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    Check out the Columbia River Ultima it sells on Amazon for about 100, it's strong, sharp and has an almost perfect handle.

IMG_1927-1.jpg

Top Bottom