• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alexanjl12

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Westside Indy
    I was planning on taking my sister to the 1500, as she has recently gotten into guns and is wanting to go. However, I haven't been in about 2 years so I am not sure how much its changed. Is there a better time to go on Saturday to avoid waiting in lines outside?

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I usually try to go early to mid afternoon on Saturdays. If there is a line it usually isn't too bad.

The only time I've had to wait in a long line was open on a Friday afternoon.

AR50

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2014
    southside
    I like Saturday(early) because Friday those guys are still trying to get their booth time paid off so the prices are firm and Sunday almost everything I want is usually gone and prices are flexible. Saturday is probably the busiest day but earlier the better.

redwingshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Greenwood
    I'll be there when they open on Saturday, best time IMO. I can usually get the whole show done by about 1030-11 and that's when things start to really get crowded.

Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    It is a trade. If you get there for opening, there is a heck of a line, but it does move fast, and it is a lot less crowded in there. The later in the day you go, generally the shorter the line, but more crowded inside. If you are wanting to make a day of it with her, get her out and about early, stop and have breakfast somewhere, and roll into the place about 9.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Just got back. Took my two young boys with me. Got in the gate and there were tons of cars and few parking spaces. Was worried there was going to be a huge line. People were there apparently for other events on the grounds. Got to the south pavilion and there was no line really to get, maybe 4 people in front of us. Was pretty crowded, but manageable. Stopped by Brad's knife booth and introduced myself. Went to the INGO booth and bought a shirt. Bought some fudge. Saw a shield for 379 that I wanted, but didn't go with intentions on buying, just looking.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Do you prefer Saturday or Sunday - and why?

Personally, i haven't been to the 1500 since before the sandy hook event. After that, there was no way I wanted to brave the lines. I'm literally within 800 yards of the fairgrounds. I have no pref for sat or sun. Just worked out for me to go today.

Top Bottom