• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • inchrisin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I got a gift card to Wally World over the holidays and I want to buy a decent belt for CCW. By now you've put together that I'm new to carrying. I don't have $60+ for a belt at the moment and something's got to be better than the leather weave belt I'm currently using. The weave belt works pretty good so far, but I know I'll start to wear it out fast. The two holsters I currently own are IWB clips for a S&W Model 60 2 1/8." I don't need to worry about retention screws, paddles, or anything like that.

Thanks for the help.

We'll shoot for a 1 1/2" width on a belt.

leather belt - Walmart.com

Last edited:

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Buy groceries. Save for a sufficient belt. You'll be much happier. Trust me. I tried a few "good enough" belts. Spent more on them than my ultimate carry belt. Should have "buy once cry once" from the get go.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    None of the above. If it is not a gun belt, it is not a good option to firmly support a firearm and holster. I'd spend that money on something else and look into a proper gun belt. It really does make a difference.

You might want to check the Daltech BioBelt. Everyone that has reviewed it, gives it very high marks and it is very affordable for a gun belt.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    Test to see if you can fold it when you take your thumb on the bottom and two fingers on top and try and crush it. The one that won't will work fine. As the other have said, a 10-15.00 dollar belt from Wal-Mart is not really going to do a good job.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Buy groceries. Save for a sufficient belt. You'll be much happier. Trust me. I tried a few "good enough" belts. Spent more on them than my ultimate carry belt. Should have "buy once cry once" from the get go.

This is good advice. I went through three "best they had in the store" regular belts and one NRA branded gun belt before I bought a proper gun belt (Kydex Reinforced Contour Belt | Comp-Tac Victory Gear)

A good, stiff, gun belt makes a world of difference when carrying. Plus, a good belt is a good belt!

Spend the gift cards on chow and save your chow money to buy a purpose built gun belt. You will be money ahead.

TECKS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 30, 2014
    SPEEDWAY
    If you really want a budget belt look into the uncle mikes instructors belt. Polymer inside and I've never had mine come loose, and I hang a lot of gear on it. It fits in any standard belt loops also. Just checked and you can order from Walmart online!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    As others have said, there are no good gun belts at Wal-Mart.

No offense, but if you can't afford to invest in decent gear to carry your gun, you might want to rethink carrying.

What other corners are you willing to cut? Holster? Ammo? Training?

Save up the $40 - 50 for a real gun belt.

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    How big is your waist?
    I've got a Large Blackhawk Instructor's Gun Belt I'd sell ya or trade you for a Wal-Mart gift card. It's 1 3/4" wide though.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    The Bio Belt is under $50 shipped with coupon code INGO. Mine is over 3 years old. I used to buy 2 or 3 $25 walmart belts a year. Save a bit more money and get the BIO BELT. It's a far better deal in the long run and a far superior belt. You will not regret it.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

None of the above. If it is not a gun belt, it is not a good option to firmly support a firearm and holster. I'd spend that money on something else and look into a proper gun belt. It really does make a difference.

You might want to check the Daltech BioBelt. Everyone that has reviewed it, gives it very high marks and it is very affordable for a gun belt.

This is the best advice in this thread. You can buy needed items at Walmart using the GC and then take the money you would have spent on that and get a good gun belt. The BioBelt is a great recommendation and will be cheaper in the long run than replacing multiple Walmart belts. I have one and it is my top recommendation for a belt. I wear mine every day, and can use it with business clothes, jeans or cargo shorts.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood

This.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

The exact thing I was going to say.

The exact next thing I was going to say.

Sounds like I'm trying the BioBelt. Thanks for the advice all!

Yay, someone who asks a question and then actually listens to the responses! Welcome to INGO!

Thanks to the advice offered in this thread and a couple others, I ordered myself a Daltech BioBelt last night.

Excellent. I've been using Daltech belts for years and they work great. For the cash outlay, they are the best option in terms of looks, durability, and quality. I only have one belt I like better, and it's significantly more pricey.

Top Bottom