• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Make sure you follow the sizing guidelines for IWB. I think it currently says 2 inches larger on the site, when I ordered, I believe it said 4 inches, which is what I did and it has worked out great.

Nacelle

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2015
    Muncie
    +1 for the biobelt. When I got mine it said 4 in. above your waist size. That is good for iwb, but I only carry owb. The smallet hole is what I use with a lot of extra belt to spare. If I ever lose weight, in screwed... Like that will happen.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    +1 for the biobelt. When I got mine it said 4 in. above your waist size. That is good for iwb, but I only carry owb. The smallet hole is what I use with a lot of extra belt to spare. If I ever lose weight, in screwed... Like that will happen.

I ordered mine like they stated on the website, add 2 inches to your pants size. I plan on carrying IWB so I may call them tomorrow to make sure of the size.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I ordered mine like they stated on the website, add 2 inches to your pants size. I plan on carrying IWB so I may call them tomorrow to make sure of the size.

The +2 inches is the way to go... I also ordered when +4 was suggested and found myself using the last (smallest) hole on the belt, then I ordered one that was the same size as my pants and have trouble wearing IWB after the Holidays. +2 is the way to go, IMO

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    The +2 inches is the way to go... I also ordered when +4 was suggested and found myself using the last (smallest) hole on the belt, then I ordered one that was the same size as my pants and have trouble wearing IWB after the Holidays. +2 is the way to go, IMO

Thanks for the info. I should be good then.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood

I believe they will resize it for free. I read that somewhere. [Not sure about S&H]

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    In addition to the Bio Belt, there's the 5.11 Casual Belt (with stiffener, I believe).

I have one that I wear if/when I want to carry a FS gun IWB - which ain't often.

I got mine here: http://www.opticsplanet.com/511-leather-casual-belt-15-plain-59501.html?_iv_options[]=57-94567&_iv_options[]=8218-99864&_iv_code=T5-TB-59501-019-XL And if you look for a coupon code, you may be able to get it cheaper.

Walmart.com also sells 5.11 Trainer Belts - which 5.11 bills as being "more than enough support and durability to carry your holster and accessories comfortably without sagging, twisting, or losing its shape"

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    Just for anyone who may be thinking about ordering one of the BioBelts, I emailed back and for with Daltech and adding 2 inches to your pants size is the way to go.

ireed3

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    indiana
    The Bio Belt is under $50 shipped with coupon code INGO. Mine is over 3 years old. I used to buy 2 or 3 $25 walmart belts a year. Save a bit more money and get the BIO BELT. It's a far better deal in the long run and a far superior belt. You will not regret it.

:( coupon code doesnt work, say it reached its limit.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    I second the 5.11 belts. I have a leather one and the smaller buckled web belt. They both have stiffeners and work great. I got my at Jenkins. Had to exchange my med for a large for IWB carry with a spare mag so try before you buy.

Bob

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    In addition to the Bio Belt, there's the 5.11 Casual Belt (with stiffener, I believe).

I have one that I wear if/when I want to carry a FS gun IWB - which ain't often.

I got mine here: http://www.opticsplanet.com/511-leather-casual-belt-15-plain-59501.html?_iv_options[]=57-94567&_iv_options[]=8218-99864&_iv_code=T5-TB-59501-019-XL And if you look for a coupon code, you may be able to get it cheaper.

Walmart.com also sells 5.11 Trainer Belts - which 5.11 bills as being "more than enough support and durability to carry your holster and accessories comfortably without sagging, twisting, or losing its shape"

I second the 5.11 belts. I have a leather one and the smaller buckled web belt. They both have stiffeners and work great. I got my at Jenkins. Had to exchange my med for a large for IWB carry with a spare mag so try before you buy.

Bob

Beware those casual belts from 5.11. They arent worth the money IMHO due to poor finish durability. This was after 6 months with my Supertuck. (I wasnt EDC-ing at that time either, so it was a light 6 months) Stiff? Yes. quite excellent. Just dont expect it to look nice for long.

511beltwear.JPG

Last edited:

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Beware those casual belts from 5.11. They arent worth the money IMHO due to poor finish durability. This was after 6 months with my Supertuck. Stiff? Yes. quite excellent. Just dont expect it to look nice for long.

Yes, that is a definite drawback to the 5.11 Casual belt. Doesn't seem to matter what kind of holster is on it, either. At least not in my case...but I don't have anything with leather loops. Hard plastic loops or clips and metal clips will abrade the finish off of it. But they're doing that to my $90 Beltman belt, too, just not as severe.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Hi Dustin,
    Thank you so much for such a nice email.* I looked at your review and I can't thank you enough!* Very nice.

Some of our coupons expired December of 2015 and I just contacted our web designer to extend your coupon so it should work here shortly.* In the meantime, here is a couple more coupons for 10% off that will work.

clubdaltech

tricia10

Please let me know if you ever need anything and I would be more than happy to help.*

Stay Safe!

Tricia Dallas

VP of Sales

Daltech Enterprises Inc.

Quick response from Daltech. Use these codes for a discount until they get the INGO code working again.

Last edited:

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I must have missed something, I been using leather retails belts, thick leather, for over 10 years now and no issues. IWB, OWB, Supertuck, and host of others holsters until I settled on what works for me. I did notice that fit and function of the holster and belt combine was inversely proportional to my waist size, no purple. The belt is snug and comfortable, but it doesn't push my "spare tire fat ring" out and against the holster/gun. This was one of the motivators for losing weight and the doctor telling me I was on my way to a stroke.

Willing to learn something new, so the belts functions are to hold the holster secure and against the body, and when the gun is drawn to keep the holster in place?

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I must have missed something, I been using leather retails belts, thick leather, for over 10 years now and no issues. IWB, OWB, Supertuck, and host of others holsters until I settled on what works for me. I did notice that fit and function of the holster and belt combine was inversely proportional to my waist size, no purple. The belt is snug and comfortable, but it doesn't push my "spare tire fat ring" out and against the holster/gun. This was one of the motivators for losing weight and the doctor telling me I was on my way to a stroke.

Willing to learn something new, so the belts functions are to hold the holster secure and against the body, and when the gun is drawn to keep the holster in place?

You will really be amazed if you try an actual built-for-hanging-a-gun-off-of-it gun belt.

Non gun belts will roll over, sag, and stretch. Heck, even some of the super cheap (note I didn't say inexpensive) gun belts will do this (looking at you, single layer web belts marketed as gun belts).

cjpoore

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2014
    Valparaiso
    i cannot comment on how well the belt is but if it is made by Alien Gear, I'm willing to back up the quality. steel core, with two layers of leather. i currently carry a Beretta M9 with their CloakTuck 3.0 and I will never change IWB holster. it's amazing.

Alien Gear Gun Belt

Top Bottom