• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kmocao

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Somewhar in the Bush
    I have a Desantis double layer stitched leather belt, and I need to add a hole(ordered too big), but I don't want it to rip out. Anybody have any suggestions? Would a drill work?

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    A drill will work very nicely to make a hole in leather, so will a nail and a hammer. Finish isn't all that bad, especially if you wear your belt and let the prong of the buckle do its thing to smooth out the hole.

Colt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Dearborn County
    When you are at the range, look for an empty spent brass with the proper diameter and use it as a leather punch. Put your belt on a board and hit the shell casing with a hammer. I haven't tried this myself, but I heard that it works well.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    When you are at the range, look for an empty spent brass with the proper diameter and use it as a leather punch. Put your belt on a board and hit the shell casing with a hammer. I haven't tried this myself, but I heard that it works well.

Brass is pretty soft.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I've been using an 1/8th" drill bit. Before drilling use a piece of good tape to mark where you drill and drill through the tape. It works well. The 1/8th " bit is a bit small but after a couple of times hooking the buckle in the hole it opens up and smooths out.
    I've done it to a half dozen belts over a dozen years.

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    ^^ indeed a fail. Just because one needs a bigger belt does not mean one is fat.

If a 140lb guy like me gains weight in muscle mass I will be needing a larger belt. Thinking like that is just small minded.

w-ryle-x

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Wow, you completely failed to understand the op's intent, AND you were a d-bag at the same time. -10 points from Gryffindor.

Top Bottom