• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Sorry for the late reply. Didn't get in until about 2:30am Monday morning, and I got busy with school.
    We ended up taking 294 around Chicago, then up through Milwaukee and 43 into Green Bay. Hard to complain about the drive. Tolls only costed us $9 round trip which I didn't think was bad at all. We made a few stops in Milwaukee. Stopped at the "Best Place" at the historic Pabst brewery, hit Miller Coors for a tour, then grabbed a bite to eat at another building of the old Pabst brewery. Finished off our day/evening in Milwaukee at Lake Front Brewery which was a really great microbrewery.

We made our way up to Green Bay the night before the game and stayed a couple miles from Lambeau. The tailgating and game were a lot of fun, and I got to check Lambeau off of the stadium bucket list. Traffic on the way home was TERRIBLE! Green Bay just isn't built to handle that kind of traffic. After about 45 minutes and 3 blocks, we decided to grab dinner to let traffic clear. It got better, but was still pretty busy. Hit some snow/slush going around Chicago which really sucked because we couldn't see the lines at all and lane changes were a battle against the slush dividing them.

Once we hit I65, it wasn't too bad though. A little slick, but it sure beat the slush and traffic we had been in. All in all, a great trip. I'd do it again any time, but I'd stay in town the night of the game. Didn't really have that option this time because of 8am class on Monday.

Thanks for all the advice, INGO!

Top Bottom