Best way to sell a few firearms from a private collection in 2020?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    How many guns are we talking about? If there is a significant number, +20 or so, you my look into Durys. They are in Texas. They pay 70% of fair market value. Call them up. If they think it will work, they will send you a box/crate and you ship it to them at their cost. They send you payment after that.

https://www.durysguns.com/sell-your-guns/

doublesharp

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Clark County
    If you have medium to high end collectables there are some Gun Broker consignment sellers that do a good job for 15%. Gunnerbucksdad, Bryant Ridge, Sarah15 are some that come to Louisville's NGD to pick up consignments. A lot to be said for someone else handling the hassles and these sites all have a good following.

FKIM01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2013
    United States
    Classifieds here a solid choice, but I've got to get more active to qualify...working on that. Beyond that, if you have the time to take GOOD pictures and describe your guns well, you will likely do ridiculously well on Gunbroker, even after the fees. I listed three $200 home defense shotguns recently and got $550-600 each. Mailed them all over the country...from New Jersey to California (which is a pain).

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Echo what's already been said.
    My first would probably be a LGS consignment; I have a good relationship with a shop that does this. My stuff always sells within a week for about what I wanted.

If you don't have that, then use the classifieds here.

Crusader17

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Miami County
    My dad is looking to reduce the size of his collection and I have a few things reloading related I wouldn't mind selling off. What is best way to go about doing this in 2020? Is it better to go to a local dealer and see what they will offer up or is it better to set up a table at a local gun show and sell that way? I sold stuff at a local farmers market for fifteen years so I am familiar with becoming a vendor and setting up tables. What are some things to consider with setting up a table with Central Indiana Gun Shows and selling as a private seller? What are some things to NOT do? Thanks for any input you can offer!

are any of them named after a snake?

Top Bottom