• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    Yesterday went to MGE and brought home a new Shield. Got wifey thinking. Went today. I no longer have a Shield - she took it.

However.....

697bfb5568b94243850f5409efc2e911.jpg

:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Great wife! Mine's a keeper too. As far as the XDs, I don't have one, but did shoot one. I was impressed. They must have put some Kahr magic in it to keep the recoil so managable. Great sights too.

Corporal D

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    SE Side
    Very nice. I've held one, but haven't had the chance to send any rounds down range, looking forward to a range report.

My gf got me an Ed Brown for Christmas last year, which pretty much cemented us getting married lol

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    Very nice. I've held one, but haven't had the chance to send any rounds down range, looking forward to a range report.

Well, it's far from a range report, but it did get fired a few shots last night, anyway. Springfield got it right - just a push like any other 45 I can remember, not hard to handle AT ALL.

Corporal D

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    SE Side
    How sensitive is the grip safety? I know when I handled the one in the shop I felt like my "natural" grip position wasn't fully engaging the safety. Have you noticed any issues with it?

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    How sensitive is the grip safety? I know when I handled the one in the shop I felt like my "natural" grip position wasn't fully engaging the safety. Have you noticed any issues with it?

Well, I didn't have any issue, nor did my wife. Guess I'm just ingrained in jamming my hand in as high and tight as possible, but we had no problems. That was a concern of mine, as well, so we both tried it out pretty extensively at the shop before coming home with it. It engaged every time we grabbed it normally.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

I had similar when I handled one in a shop. I suspect that when actually shooting one, I would not have that issue, but was a bit concerning.

I think I was probably loosely gripping the gun to try and check out the trigger reset.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    My wife loved the Shield, too. We picked her up a Remora holster today. Not every guy gets a kiss for spending money at the gun store, but I sometimes do. :D

Top Bottom