• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Well normally I don't even start shopping until a few days before Christmas. This year I actually got that done early and had presents wrapped a few days ago.

I'm not married anymore, so that stuff all falls on me now.

I've seen Die Hard about 30 times, so don't really need to watch it all that closely to enjoy it. I think I'm going to watch on New Year's Eve this year.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    A Christmas Story. Jean Shepherd's homage to growing up in his and my hometown of Hohman, Indiana. Together with my brothers and now my daughter, we rotate parts every year and recite the lines along with the actors.
    I've never been a huge can of this movie, however my now grown son is.

That said, we found ourselves in Cleveland earlier this year for several days for some medical needs. I had no idea, but the house where this was filmed is there. My wife had said nothing about it, but apparently wanted to see it.

I happened to pick a place to eat that looked interesting off of Yelp. The place was the Rowley Inn which was fantastic for breakfast, and as I found out when we got there, right across the street from the house. (Told her I planned it that way ;-)

If your a fan, go see it, and even if not, go eat at the Rowley Inn, and then hit the Christmas Story house gift shop across the street . Rowley is not affiliated with Christmas Story house, but is actually a bar where people will be drinking at 7 AM while you eat one of the best breakfasts (at least that I've ever had).

https://www.therowleyinn.com/

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I've never been a huge can of this movie, however my now grown son is.

That said, we found ourselves in Cleveland earlier this year for several days for some medical needs. I had no idea, but the house where this was filmed is there. My wife had said nothing about it, but apparently wanted to see it.

I happened to pick a place to eat that looked interesting off of Yelp. The place was the Rowley Inn which was fantastic for breakfast, and as I found out when we got there, right across the street from the house. (Told her I planned it that way ;-)

If your a fan, go see it, and even if not, go eat at the Rowley Inn, and then hit the Christmas Story house gift shop across the street . Rowley is not affiliated with Christmas Story house, but is actually a bar where people will be drinking at 7 AM while you eat one of the best breakfasts (at least that I've ever had).

https://www.therowleyinn.com/

I used to take the kids on a tour of Jean Shepherd's actual Hammond neighborhood depicted in the movie, including his real house on Cleveland Street, Warren G. Harding school and Goldblatt's department store. Also, Flicks' Tap on Kennedy Avenue. I always thought it was a shame that at least a few exterior shots of Hammond couldn't be included in the movie, or at least Peter Billingsley's excellent followup, A Christmas Story Christmas.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Christmas vacation is a great movie…. I actually had a cousin Eddie complete dickie outfit on for Christmas eve lol but I’d much rather where no shoes a dirty tank top with an aug or a H&K slung….. maybe next year.

Top Bottom