Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Problems with border control in Tejas?

That's a change.:laugh:

"This is done for national security."

No, it's not. The 9/11 crew had all their papers in order, papers that you gave them.

The next 9/11 will have all their papers in order too.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    RFID, if Hitler was alive now, he would be thrilled at the prospect of everyone having an RFID and being able to be followed 100% of the time.

It's for your safety and security, trust us, we are your government, would we lie to you???

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Problems with border control in Tejas?

That's a change.:laugh:

"This is done for national security."

No, it's not. The 9/11 crew had all their papers in order, papers that you gave them.

The next 9/11 will have all their papers in order too.

"national security" has become the answer they always give when they dont know what else to tell you. :rolleyes:
    And if you argue with them it means you are a terrorist.

This reminds me that I need to get a protective cover for my passport.
    Not only to protect it but it can also be good for your safety to hide your nationality by covering your passport, depending where you are travelling.
    Not only you can be targeted by thieves that can see that you are a tourist (or by terrorist groups in some parts of the world).
    But also for some reasons im always picked for "random" security checks in US airports when im waiting in line with my non-US passport in my hand, among a line of people holding US passports or state ID.
    They must have never heard of domestic terrorism. :dunno:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    “To have a passport is privilege, it’s not entitled to you by citizenship,” Priest said. He said the issue may be with a microchip embedded in the back of all new passports. “They have no reason in the world to let you travel if it’s been damaged,” Priest said. “It’s like cutting your photo out or something if that chip doesn’t work.”

Unlike these travelers, America's trip down the road to fascism is right on schedule.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    270876_212808658756643_165801456790697_537947_3505124_n.jpg

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    "national security" has become the answer they always give when they dont know what else to tell you. :rolleyes:
    And if you argue with them it means you are a terrorist.

This reminds me that I need to get a protective cover for my passport.
    Not only to protect it but it can also be good for your safety to hide your nationality by covering your passport, depending where you are travelling.
    Not only you can be targeted by thieves that can see that you are a tourist (or by terrorist groups in some parts of the world).
    But also for some reasons im always picked for "random" security checks in US airports when im waiting in line with my non-US passport in my hand, among a line of people holding US passports or state ID.
    They must have never heard of domestic terrorism. :dunno:

I've always been picked for "random" checks as well. Must be the long beard.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    To say that a passport is a "privilege" is to say that leaving the country is a privilege.

It is the denial of a basic human right to travel.

Restricting citizens from leaving a country is a hallmark of totalitarian regimes.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    The news picked Ray Priest for a reason.
    He can articulate exactly what then need him to say.
    Man, I could not believe the NEGATIVE reviews on that website.
    It makes me wonder how many good travel ad passport experts they passed up before they found him.

DialTone301

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    East Central IL
    On one return trip from China we had an ********* customs agent that complained about the clear plastic cover on our passports. He required them to be removed or he wouldn't look at them. He also complained because my daughter hadn't signed her passport....she was 1 at the time. I told him she would be glad to scribble on it for him if it would help.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN USA
    On one return trip from China we had an ********* customs agent that complained about the clear plastic cover on our passports. He required them to be removed or he wouldn't look at them. He also complained because my daughter hadn't signed her passport....she was 1 at the time. I told him she would be glad to scribble on it for him if it would help.

I would have demanded that he be fired on the spot, and would not have left until it happened.:rockwoot:

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

Do they have a mandatory Maximum IQ for customs agents? One that keeps you from being hired if it's too high?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I have to laugh at this. The last time I was out of the country, it was a short deployment to Korea. We left the States from Detroit, but came back through Atlanta for some reason. While a couple of the guys I was with got briefly detained for bringing "foreign produce" back into the country (sunflower seeds bought at the PX), I was greeted by a Customs Agent whose name was the same as mine and whose birth date was only a day or two different from mine. We got along famously. . .

Top Bottom