• ...and so much more!
  • ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I, like most on INGO, have a love/hate relationship with Palmetto State Armory. You could fill the Titanic with the complaints about their shipping times. I waited nearly three weeks for them to ship the last rifle I bought from them. In this day and age, that is ridiculous.

However, I, like many, have spent a significant amount of money with them over the past few years. Now I am looking to have more love and less hate for an good online resource for guns/ammo/parts/accessories.

So....is there another good online resource like PSA (wide selection, daily deals, solid everyday prices) but with reasonable shipping times? If so, they will be my new go to.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    3 weeks to ship a rifle? Methinks they arent totally upfront with their stock. It only takes 3 weeks to ship something if you are: A: Woefully understaffed to the point of absurdity or B: Lying to your customers... "Suuure we have it in stock! *checks inventory and sees they are actually 16 customers deep on the production line* Yep. we have them. Gimme your money!"

strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    3 weeks to ship a rifle? Methinks they arent totally upfront with their stock. It only takes 3 weeks to ship something if you are: A: Woefully understaffed to the point of absurdity or B: Lying to your customers... "Suuure we have it in stock! *checks inventory and sees they are actually 16 customers deep on the production line* Yep. we have them. Gimme your money!"

They clearly state on their website please allow 15 business days for rifles/assembled uppers/etc to ship.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Primary Arms-usually 2 days from initial order(no joke as I ordered on a Tuesday afternoon and it was in my hands on Thursday)
    Bravo Company-usually 2-3 days from initial order(Excellent CS and killer deal rights now i.e. free BCG and Comp Mod 1 w/purchase of 16" upper)
    Rainier-usually 4-5 days(not bad)

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    B: Lying to your customers... "Suuure we have it in stock! *checks inventory and sees they are actually 16 customers deep on the production line* Yep. we have them. Gimme your money!"

Pre pay for an item, wait for them to get it in stock.

Means PSA never has to borrow money from banks (no interest) because they get paid before they (PSA) gets the bill

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    You have to pick what is more important to you, the few bucks in price, or speed and service. The way PSA does business (shipping, no CS etc) Places that provide such things have more business expense, IE higher prices in most case's.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Shhhh, don't ruin a good PSA bashfest!

Whoops...there it is.

Store Locations

Just because its in writing doesn't mean its good. Personally, Unless I am ordering a custom rifle, I expect product to ship within 24-48 hours. How hard is it to pre-assemble and stock a handful of uppers and lowers?

If PSA chooses the business model of "100% custom no matter how standard your rifle is" maybe OP is heading down the right path after all. If I was looking for a standard upper with nothing out of the ordinary I too would be a bit miffed that my "standard" upper took that long to ship when others ship the same product in days. I know I was rather annoyed that my first Crossbreed took months since I knew it was custom made but still... (my last was to my door in 2 weeks)

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    RRA also builds the upper after you order it. I ordered from both RRA and PSA, waited, and was happy when I received them. It was understood that waiting would be the case when I ordered. I would rather have low prices, then have companies charging more because they are sitting on unsold stock, but that is just me.

Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    Just because its in writing doesn't mean its good. Personally, Unless I am ordering a custom rifle, I expect product to ship within 24-48 hours. How hard is it to pre-assemble and stock a handful of uppers and lowers?

If PSA chooses the business model of "100% custom no matter how standard your rifle is" maybe OP is heading down the right path after all. If I was looking for a standard upper with nothing out of the ordinary I too would be a bit miffed that my "standard" upper took that long to ship when others ship the same product in days. I know I was rather annoyed that my first Crossbreed took months since I knew it was custom made but still... (my last was to my door in 2 weeks)

If you understand their policies, and still choose to do buisness with them, then you don't get to whine about it.

Fact of the matter is, PSA is the wal-mart of the AR world right now. They provide a decent product for a great price. Don't like the wait times? Want a better quality rifle/components? Go somewhere else. They have always done me right. Sometimes it takes thema while, but I have never been done wrong by them.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I really like, & have had great success with:
    AIM Surplus.
    DSG Arms
    Joebob Outfitters

OK, maybe I've just not been bit:
    Botach (Yes I know, but if you aren't in a hurry, sometimes prices are exceptional)

Another great source:
    My LGS has beat many of the above on mags, magpul furniture, night sights, etc.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    They clearly state on their website please allow 15 business days for rifles/assembled uppers/etc to ship.

this is true, it's in the fine print.
    I've had one very fast experience with them and one very slow experience...
    Like others have said: Joeboboutfitters, JSE surplus, and then occasionally checking kygunco.com and grabagun.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    PSA will always get some extent of my business. I've placed a half dozen orders with them; never a one taking longer than a week to fulfill. But the real clincher was when a couple years ago I bought one of their blem lowers for $59. The only flaw I could find was a spot in the finish the size of a pin head.

If that is their QC, I'm good.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I got a rifle for a really good price from them and yes they took quite a bit to ship (during the big rush) but in the end the rifle arrived as promised and upon inspection had very nice fit and finish, it works better than it looks so I'm with my purchase and I would buy again if the time came but when it come to parts and accessories there is a ton of vendors out there with great cs and fast shipping.

Top Bottom