• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I have shoot at least 20,000 of wolf with maybe 3 ftf. Most of that through AK's. I also have 2 ars that have never had a problem with wolf.One of my ars has only ever been feed wolf.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    AS I was having jams and double feeds All the normal things with a brand new weapon system . . .

There is nothing "normal" about having "jams and double feeds" or other malfunctions with a new AR. If it's adequately lubricated and you're having problems with a new rifle, it and/or your magazines need fixing.

Don

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Greenfield
    Stop being a cheap ass and using 5.56 mags in a rifle that was designed for 5.45, do not destroy a decent mag in hopes of creating the "perfect" mag for use with that gun. Use the correct magazines and the issue will go away (cproductsllc.com makes them). Once that mag goes into that rifle it becomes a integral part of your rifle.

XJRyder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    Fort Wayne,IN
    Have you been talking to my wife she said the same thing about the magazines LOL , Wolf had called me and will be buying back the lot, of 1000 rounds, I went to American guns.com they have some military grade t $150 for 1000 rounds I think I will try that or call federal , or other ammo companies do some checking around

Don

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Greenfield
    Be careful with your "military grade" ammo as it is corrosive and will tear your gun up if not cleaned correctly.

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    If you train hard and get your gun hot you will have failures with Wolf ammo in a AR. If you shoot casually most likely it will run fine. Commie ammo for Commie guns, American ammo for American guns.

truckie166

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    i was breaking in my new ar the other day and i put remmington through it and didnt have a single proplem with it feeding maybe u just need to use good american made amo

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    If you train hard and get your gun hot you will have failures with Wolf ammo in a AR.

I know this was true with the old lacquer coating - particularly in guns with tight match chambers.

However, Wolf has changed to a polymer coating. This is supposed to solve the "sticky with heat" problem. I have no personal experience to know if the problem is solved, but I do know they are trying to address it.

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    "sticky with heat"

Actually, this is when it got worse. The old Wolf ran pretty decent, but when they changed to polymer you start to see more problems. Like I said, it is OK for casual shooting, but if you run a drill that goese through 5 mags in a few minutes then you most likely will experiance problems, especially if you let a round stay in the chamber between drills.

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Actually, this is when it got worse. The old Wolf ran pretty decent, but when they changed to polymer you start to see more problems. Like I said, it is OK for casual shooting, but if you run a drill that goese through 5 mags in a few minutes then you most likely will experiance problems, especially if you let a round stay in the chamber between drills.

Thanks for the clarification.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    My brother was having failure to fire with wolf in
    his 7.62x39 Ruger mini-30.

I don't know if they were hard primer but the new ammo
    he got was american eagle brass or some such and works great.

Top Bottom