• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NightOwl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    North of the Corn!
    I bought this on ebay last week and got it in the mail yesterday. It says "SOG Daggert" on the blade, it has the SOG logo etched on the blade and on the wooden handle. It is a very nice knife! Fit and finish are excellent, it's wicked sharp and I would feel very secure walking through a dark forest with this by my side. But it's NOT an SOG! I wanted to look up the knife on their website and see what kind of deal I got as opposed from buying directly from the manufacturer- I could not find this knife anywhere on their site. I called and talked to them today and emailed them a photo I shot of the knife. They said "Nope, we never use wood for handles"...and the sheath was not anything they would use. The guy told me they have been seeing knock-offs coming from China lately and a couple people even returned them to SOG FOR WARRANTY WORK!!! I paid $19.99 for the knife including shipping from China. I don't intentionally undermine U.S. producers by searching-out Chinese product rip-offs, but the honest truth is that this is a damn nice knife for $20 bucks and I'm gonna keep it! Just know that the SOG's you see on ebay are probably FRAUDS!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/30759108@N08/9829798305/--- link to photo

(This site won't allow me to post the picture, sorry!) :dunno:

Last edited:

NightOwl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    North of the Corn!
    :n00b:You say this site won't allow you to post pictures, Why not? Anyone can post pictures, you just need to see how. Hell just copy and post will work.:rolleyes:

I HAVE posted several photos already in other posts- but now I am getting an error code saying I have reached a "maximum usage"???
    I would take a screen shot of the error and show you , but I can't post images.:rolleyes:

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Here are 4 separate examples from ebay.

It's not just e-bay, either. I bought this exact knife (same box, too) from a local gun/knife show. Seller either didn't know or didn't care that he was selling fakes. Oddly enough, I DO like the knife. I keep it in the tool box on my garden tractor.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    it is scary not knowing what you are going to get... I don't know why thy would bother with the knock off CRKT, but I've seen striders, sebenzas, and a few other very high dollar knock offs - some of the striders are even priced at 150-200, and from what I've heard they are even very good knives but knock offs are a no-no in my book. I've seen a few 'clones' too and while not totally kosher I don't hold them in the same disrespect as I do a knock off, at least they put a different name/logo on them letting you know it's not the real deal.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    On the USN Mick Strider himself has gone on record saying he can barley if at all tell the difference between one of his own knives and a Chinese copy. Its getting a little out of control, but 20 dollars for a SOG fixed blade i wish lol.
    Also I am sure the above knives in the photos are fake. Striders come in a plastic baggie not a box.

Last edited:

sb0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Aug 1, 2013
    Indy
    Lot of fake stuff on ebay. Been like that with electronics for as long as I can remember.

Amazon is a better alternative. Sometimes some fake stuff slips through, but not as often, and on Amazon you have the return policy.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    Ripping off SOG is like stealing from a car thief. I don't condone it, and it ticks me off, but they can't cry foul when their hands are dirty, too.

Top Bottom