• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I am so sorry. I had been there many times and they had been awesome to me. I am so surprised about tracers as the rules were very clear about the ammo that you could use.
    Juan

You assume everyone can read and everyone knows that tracers are. There are a lot of stupid people out there.

Sucks for BGF

Noway Jose

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Unbelievable. I hope BGF can get back on their feet soon. They're one of the few respectable gun shops in indy. An ingo day at reopening would be a great time to buy myself a new gun.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Just talked to Greg. Not 1 tracer, but an entire 30 round mag of tracers were fired. That's a special kind of stupid.

The entire range building has to be demolished and rebuilt from the ground up. This won't be a fast process.

Lot of smoke and water damage to long gun inventory, handguns escaped some damage due to glass cases.

Sad day for BGF....
    Very sorry to hear this news! It was a very nice range and easy to run over to and test builds and such in a hurry. Now I'll have to drive a bit to shoot. Really sucks to hear the shop was also damaged. Even with insurance it's hard for a business to recover without being able to make money while they're reconstructing. I wish them all the best.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Wow. Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of people, to a nicer range/shop, or at a worse time. This could put them out for the entire winter, which would be the time most of us would be going to an indoor range versus outdoor.

Who knows, maybe they will take this opportunity to realize what worked and what didn't with the range, and make some changes accordingly. Not to say they aren't the best indoor range in central Indy (because they are) but there is always room for improvement. I guess I'm trying to find the silver lining in this, as this ruins my Saturday morning plans for quite some time.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Just talked to Greg. Not 1 tracer, but an entire 30 round mag of tracers were fired. That's a special kind of stupid.

The entire range building has to be demolished and rebuilt from the ground up. This won't be a fast process.

Lot of smoke and water damage to long gun inventory, handguns escaped some damage due to glass cases.

Sad day for BGF....

PLEASE tell me they have solid evidence against a named shooter? If so I hope they go after him for his (or her, dont want to be sexist) negligence. This kind of stupid deserves a name to be shared across all ranges so they cant do this again.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    PLEASE tell me they have solid evidence against a named shooter? If so I hope they go after him for his (or her, dont want to be sexist) negligence. This kind of stupid deserves a name to be shared across all ranges so they cant do this again.

I'm sure the insurance company will go after him or her.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How do you do $2M in damage to a range that cost $1.5M to build in the first place?

We spared no expense with this nearly $1. 5 million project.
    Store

No AP, Incendiary, Steel Core, Tracer or other Penetrator/Flammable rounds are allowed. Certain caliber rounds may be required to be purchased from BGF, Inc due to modern AP and Icendiary[sic] rounds being made for those calibers and not being properly marked.
    Range

It can't be stressed enough, whoever did this is a special kind of stupid. If this was all properly insured, I'd hope that demo would commence within the month of November and new construction by December, or is my estimate overly rose-colored?

I'd love to shop an online store for these guys, but they don't have any online store. Any estimates for getting the store reopened?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I'm trying to maintain hope that this looks worse than it actually is. After all the crazy :poop: they waded through to get this range open, I'd hate to think that one idiot doing something stupid could end it all. If there were something we could do to help, all they have to do is put out the call and they would have more help than they could use. However, I know the legalities involved make that difficult. Even if its just clean up, if there's a way we could help I hope they let us know.

Never been to BGF, but I don't want to see Indy lose a store/range. If there's anything I can do--labor or purchase--I'm in.

Is the store side open after this, or still closed?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Most shooters are idiots. I've seen MANY people on that range who didn't know how to eve load or unload their own guns, or sight them in. Seen it with me own eyes (Popeye voice)
    its possible the idiot didn't know they were shooting tracers. Still should be held responsible in my opinion! And if it was don't intentionaly they should face criminal charges.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    How do you do $2M in damage to a range that cost $1.5M to build in the first place?

Store

Range

It can't be stressed enough, whoever did this is a special kind of stupid. If this was all properly insured, I'd hope that demo would commence within the month of November and new construction by December, or is my estimate overly rose-colored?

I'd love to shop an online store for these guys, but they don't have any online store. Any estimates for getting the store reopened?

Would not not be suprised that 500,000 dollars on inventory was damaged too

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    Most shooters are idiots. I've seen MANY people on that range who didn't know how to eve load or unload their own guns, or sight them in. Seen it with me own eyes (Popeye voice)
    its possible the idiot didn't know they were shooting tracers. Still should be held responsible in my opinion! And if it was don't intentionaly they should face criminal charges.

I resembled that comment the first time I took my sks to the range. Couldn't get the mag in and couldn't get the bolt to stay open. It took about 15 minutes to figure out but I flet like an idiot for those 15 minutes!

Matt

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    BGF has video of each range station. I hope the video is safe and that it was recorded as it could be used to help in any court proceedings.

Just speculation, but I would assume the video is safe, and that is how they were able to tell how many tracers were fired.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Anyway, i am now bummed as hell. I went there on the range's offical opening day and corked off a few mags of 7.62x51 with my m14. I loved it. It was great and close for live ammo function testing of various firearms.

MAY THE FLEAS OF A THOUSAND CAMELS INFEST THE CROTCH OF THE ONE THAT FIRED THOSE TRACERS.

There. Lol

Anyway i hear that Kirk freeman promised to buy everyone a gun from BGf when they reopen.I swear that was what he said earlier in the thread.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    BGF is my favorite gun store in Indianapolis. The nicest people and very reasonable prices are what you will find there. My heart goes out to these people. I hope that the jackass that fired the tracers is in some way punished. I would gladly volunteer to help. I too will go spend some money there when they re-open.

Top Bottom