• ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    ..in my back yard...at a dog...

So this beautiful black and white pit comes to my back porch. It seemed friendly, wagging its tail, so I go out to see if it has tags. Two LEOs come around the corner with flashlights, keeping their distance, and ask if it is my dog.

I say no, and they tell me to get back in my apartment. Ok, odd..
    The dog runs off, and hear a shot. My wife freaks out, the dog comes trotting back to my porch, and lays down. No apparent injury.

I go out the front and talk to a neighbor, apparently the dog was being aggressive to people, so 911 was called. The dog tried to bite one LEO, thus the shot fired.

You would think that one of the LEOs would come around to my front door while the other 4 watch the dog, and reassure us that everything is under control, since it is MY BACK PORCH...

Fast forward almost an hour, the dog is still laying on my porch, we are down to two LEOs standing on the street, just watching the dog. Waiting for Animal Control maybe? :dunno:

Oh, and Walter Zoomie, if you are reading this, I would love to hear your thoughts :D

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Apparently shot went into the ground, not the dog. Animal control just left with the dog in custody. Poor thing will probably be put down.

I spoke to one of the Officers after and suggested that if they stand in someone's back yard staring at a dog for an hour, the least they could do is send one of the 4 or 5 other Officers to the citizen's front door for an explanation..

Said Officer was very nice, and apologetic at least.

boosteds13cc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Lowell
    theres a time and a place, im sure it could of went differently if they thought about it. but to put a dog down in a residential area and it not being aggressive to them im thinking in my head well what did the people do to the dog to make it snap on them?

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    at my old house we had a wild crazy dog running around and it was attacking people. do you know whay IMPD did? they pulled their cars up to the dog and stayed in them till animal control came. I told my wife .... those are the smartest ****ing cops I have ever seen handle a dog. and I was being serious. why try to chase down a dog and provoke it unless someone is in immediate danger? obviously while you were petting the dog you nor anyone else was in danger. until the cops came.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    did they take the officers gun from him like they did the last beech grove citizen who shot at a dog? guess what it will sound like if I shoot a dog in my yard? "click" :D

I sent the person you reference this link, lol

theres a time and a place, im sure it could of went differently if they thought about it. but to put a dog down in a residential area and it not being aggressive to them im thinking in my head well what did the people do to the dog to make it snap on them?

They didnt put it down tonite, but I am sure they will at the Pound.

Apparently the dog was barking at people, hence the 911 call. Then when one of the LEOs went towards it, the dog rushed him, then the shot was fired (and missed, I might add).

After that the dog just curled up on my back patio, watching the LEOs calmly til Animal Control came.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    at my old house we had a wild crazy dog running around and it was attacking people. do you know whay IMPD did? they pulled their cars up to the dog and stayed in them till animal control came. I told my wife .... those are the smartest ****ing cops I have ever seen handle a dog. and I was being serious. why try to chase down a dog and provoke it unless someone is in immediate danger? obviously while you were petting the dog you nor anyone else was in danger. until the cops came.

I guess someone else had panicked earlier when the dog was running around barking at people and called 911, but I think it was just scared, not aggressive, IMO.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    People that are afraid of a dog barking are dumb. If the dog was actually aggressive, then sure, I get it.

But if a dog dies because people are dumb, that makes me terribly sad. I love dogs a lot. But not chihuahuas. They're cats as far as I'm concerned.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    People that are afraid of a dog barking are dumb. If the dog was actually aggressive, then sure, I get it.

But if a dog dies because people are dumb, that makes me terribly sad. I love dogs a lot. But not chihuahuas. They're cats as far as I'm concerned.

I wish my wife's chihuahua was as quite as the cat, ugh..

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    You can't fault the dog for snapping at officers that were CHASING it. If all the dog did other than that was bark, I can't see why it deserves to be put down. Depending on circumstances, the owner may deserve a citation for not controlling the dog though.

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    I don’t believe a word of this.

I was told straight up to my face by Beech Grove’s finest armed, tax-devouring bullies in government-issued costume that THEY were the only ones trained and professional enough to handle an attacking dog scenario.

I was also told that only THEY are trained and equipped to use pepper spray or a taser or a boat oar or a table leg or an axe handle or a boot heel in these types of situations.

So…without having any knowledge of the particulars of this incident, I can safely say that they did not NEED to shoot that dog.

Amateurs.

They should have simply gone back to their patrol cars, rolled up their windows, locked their doors, pissed their pants…and called ME!

See…TWO vicious Rottweilers attacked me. I fired ONE shot. I halted the attack. I did NOT miss. I am a bad-ass. I have a badge too.

ingobadge.jpg

To the OP: You should probably procure the services of a high-powered attorney and sue the snot out of BGPD for pain and suffering and mental anguish and Post Traumatic Stress.

You are in pain and anguish. Right?

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I don’t believe a word of this.

I was told straight up to my face by Beech Grove’s finest armed, tax-devouring bullies in government-issued costume that THEY were the only ones trained and professional enough to handle an attacking dog scenario.

I was also told that only THEY are trained and equipped to use pepper spray or a taser or a boat oar or a table leg or an axe handle or a boot heel in these types of situations.

So…without having any knowledge of the particulars of this incident, I can safely say that they did not NEED to shoot that dog.

Amateurs.

They should have simply gone back to their patrol cars, rolled up their windows, locked their doors, pissed their pants…and called ME!

See…TWO vicious Rottweilers attacked me. I fired ONE shot. I halted the attack. I did NOT miss. I am a bad-ass. I have a badge too.

ingobadge.jpg

To the OP: You should probably procure the services of a high-powered attorney and sue the snot out of BGPD for pain and suffering and mental anguish and Post Traumatic Stress.

You are in pain and anguish. Right?

I am now :cool:

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I've said this before, and no one likes to hear it but it's pretty simple. If you don't want the cops, or a neighbor to shoot your dawg, then make sure it can't get out of your yard and run the streets. That's all you have to do. Long time ago I lived in an apartment...the idiot next door had a St. Bernard and a Basset Hound looking dog. In a ONE bedroom apartment. Stupid can't be fixed.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I've said this before, and no one likes to hear it but it's pretty simple. If you don't want the cops, or a neighbor to shoot your dawg, then make sure it can't get out of your yard and run the streets. That's all you have to do. Long time ago I lived in an apartment...the idiot next door had a St. Bernard and a Basset Hound looking dog. In a ONE bedroom apartment. Stupid can't be fixed.

Agreed, the dog is the one that pays the consequences for having a stupid (or at the very least inattentive) owner...

Top Bottom