• ...and so much more!
  • gstanley102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    Delphi
    Here's a look into BHO's mindset.

The following excerpt is from his speech at the prayer breakfast this morning.

from Yahoo Finance
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/obama...-152411532.html;_ylt=AwrBEiKtDdRUCioA97zQtDMD

"Unless we get on our high horse and think this is unique to some other place, remember that during the Crusades and the Inquisition, people committed terrible deeds in the name of Christ," Obama said Wednesday. "And in our home country, slavery, and Jim Crow, all too often was justified in the name of Christ."

Just let that sink in a minute.

He is truly a man with half his brain tied behind his back.

Here's a link to a video of the speech on the Washington Post Web page.
    Obama warns at National Prayer Breakfast of those who use religion to wage war - The Washington Post

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    As far as I'm concerned, when he said he wanted to "bankrupt" coal-fired power plants with regulation, that convinced me he was a loon.

But (gasp) he's the First Black President! (pant, pant).

"Let's give him a chance - maybe he'll do some good."

Liberals - when you elect the first Woman / Hispanic / Transvestite President - please at least make sure they're not a total loon first, before checking your principles at the door. Tks...

Last edited:

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Is he wrong?

Oh, and IBTL
    I'm not going to venture to say he's wrong, but the fact he's saying this like it excuses or justifies the actions of modern terrorists is ridiculous. If he thinks the Crusades and Jim Crow are so horrible why is he trying to use their existence to downplay current atrocities? Shouldn't he be attempting to stop the terrorism?

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    So, we should 'cut the terrorists some slack' become of some 'similar events' that took place 1,100 years ago? :facepalm:

This scumbag is not beyond seeking any 'justification' for the terrorists he repeatedly defends and protects, all at the expense of the American citizenry.

Is he wrong?

Oh, and IBTL
    And yes, the Liar-In-Chief IS wrong, if one bothers to study history and understand why the Crusades began.

Perhaps the Liar-In-Chief should begin his education by talking a walk through Arlington National Cemetery.

Last edited:

gstanley102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    Delphi
    I'm not going to venture to say he's wrong, but the fact he's saying this like it excuses or justifies the actions of modern terrorists is ridiculous. If he thinks the Crusades and Jim Crow are so horrible why is he trying to use their existence to downplay current atrocities? Shouldn't he be attempting to stop the terrorism?

I'm saying he's wrong.

ISIS is operating a genocidal war.

A closer equivalent, to ISIS, is the Nazi's of WWII.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I don't think they are equivalent... and I certainly would not bring up the comparison to try and explain away the brutality of ISIS tactics like he apparently is doing.

(Trying to tread lightly)

But there is truth to the statement that past violence has been committed in the name of a certain figure at the center of a widely practiced faith.

gstanley102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    Delphi
    I don't think they are equivalent... and I certainly would not bring up the comparison to try and explain away the brutality of ISIS tactics like he apparently is doing.

(Trying to tread lightly)

But there is truth to the statement that past violence has been committed in the name of a certain figure at the center of a widely practiced faith.

I'm afraid I haven't been clear enough.

I didn't intend to imply the crusades were not violent or that people did not die.

I'll give it another try.

Your president, during his speech at the prayer breakfast today, justified ISIS's actions, by invoking the crusades, Jim Crow and, slavery.

This illustrates who he really thinks has created the worlds problems, including the current middle east problems.

And it's YOU, ME and, INGO he's pointing his finger at.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I hear you. I think we're on common ground in the fact that Obama is wrongly trying to justify or explain away the actions of ISIS.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    The more that boy* opens his mouth the more I think of how sick of a society we must be that he was elected twice.

* I refer to Harry Reid as boy all the time. When he acts like a man I will call him one.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    He believes ISIS's genocidal actions are equivalent to the crusades, and Jim Crow laws.

Do you?

Hard to not draw those conclusions. The Crusaders massacred a lot of people... even other Christians. Jim Crow included the oppression of an entire populace. A fair docile populace (due to generations of slavery) that knew exhibiting opposition could mean death. What am I missing here. Who cares how they started, they ended up in the same place.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Obummer is not a religious man......at all. Sometimes he tries to be just to look good......but he's not, and it shows.
    His statements prove this.

I have a doorknob that's smarter that him. And my doorknob is D-U-M-B.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Obummer is not a religious man......at all. Sometimes he tries to be just to look good......but he's not, and it shows.
    His statements prove this.

I have a doorknob that's smarter that him. And my doorknob is D-U-M-B.

I tend to think he's not religious either. He uses it to his advantage when it has a useful purpose.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    He's not dumb. (He's not as smart as he thinks he is but he's not dumb). He's using tried and "true" arguments that many (especially here on INGO) will agree with and applaud as he morally equivocates on his America hating, fundamental-changey-change-thing.

Top Bottom