• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    I go through wallets faster than I would like and am looking for a wallet that might last a few years. I usually get my wallets from Wilson leather only because when my wife is shopping there, I look at wallets.

Is there a better quality leather wallet out there to hold:
    Some cash, about a dozen credit card sized cards. A few bsiness cards and a few receipts.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I usually destroy a wallet in about a year.

My wife loves the outlets down by Columbus. The picked up a wallet there for me that is going on 3 years...strong. She got it at the Coach outlet. It is made of water buffalo hide, and is the best wallet I've ever owned. I don't know how much she paid for it, but since it says "Coach" on it I bet it wasn't cheap.

It may be worth checking out Gall's or LA police gear, some of their duty-oriented stuff is pretty robust.

-Paul

wildddw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 6, 2013
    Huntington
    If you like pulp fiction, do what i did and buy a bad mother F*****R wallet! I have bought two in 5 years my most recent one is about 6 months old! They are about 30 bucks but they are worth it! quality is good and it starts a lot of conversations!

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Jeez! Your significant others must really be tearing up your wallets! I've had the same $20 tri-fold leather wallet for 5 years. I've no clue what the brand is anymore.

timsdl72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    West Lafayette
    My last two have been GH BASS picked up from the outlet in Michigan City. The first lasted......I have no idea! Long time though and though the liner was coming apart due to being abused, the leather was in great shape.

Collin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Greenwood, IN
    There is a brand out there - Bosca - sold at Von Maur. (that's where I got mine). They guarantee the construction for life: ie the stitching and leather against tears. Mine hasn't torn and is in good shape after 7 years, so I haven't tested the warranty. Cost about $70.

Best wishes.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Jeez! Your significant others must really be tearing up your wallets! I've had the same $20 tri-fold leather wallet for 5 years. I've no clue what the brand is anymore.

Yep. I've been sitting on the same plain tri-fold for the past decade or so. It's actually Geoffrey Beene. think I got it at Kohl's for under $30 bucks. It has a little wear to it, but it's held together really well and I don't ever feel it. (Probably because it's usually empty).

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    My problem is that I stuff my wallet with random crap and then clean it out after a few weeks. Eventually the wallet becomes loose and won't hold my normal load secure.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm looking into them now

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Menards sells a black and/or brown leather pocket wallet that holds up a long time. They are about $20 and they are made here. No China leather. They will hold about 14 cards, pictures, and has a money clip.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Oakley makes a pretty nice wallet got my first one 6 years ago and last year got a new one just because. There is an oakley store in the circle center mall.

Dobber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Granger (South Bend)
    I've had my current wallet for a little over three years. Like you, I bought it while my wife was shopping but, *gasp*, it's from COACH. Yes, the purse store. It's a bifold design, very robust, with 4 slots on the right, 3 on the left plus a 4th that holds your tuck-in ID flipper. The flipper (obviously) flips up to revel your license and pulls out to reveal a second clear window which holds - you guessed it, my LTCH. Behind the slots on both sides is a horizontal pocket, both accessed from the center creased, which can hold any number of extra items about 1.5 times the height of a credit card. I have nothing negative to say about this wallet. Cost was approximately $70 from the outlet although I'm sure they retail for something obnoxious like $180 in a regular retail store.

-Dobber

Dobber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Granger (South Bend)
    Wow, what do you guys do to destroy your wallets so soon? My wallet is just a $20.00 leather bi-fold and is over 15 years old and still going strong!

Were you to buy a wallet in near recent history you might have seen that the old adage rings true: "They don't make them like they used to."

-Dobber

manley82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Bought mine at Bass Pro Shop over in Cincy going on 5 yrs ago and held up great. Plus it has stamped in "Bass Pro" Logo. Great conversation starter too. Want to say it was about $35 at the time.

Top Bottom