• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    They run an add...and everyone on the list is an R. Even Lee of UT who is probably the most constitutionally based senator on the floor. I think I disbelieve (or heartily disagree with) whatever it is they are trying to sell.

"Yea" is a vote to limit big brother. Mike Lee of UT voted to limit as you might expect. Mitt Romney of UT voted to not limit big brother.... as you might expect.

The ad, if real, is yet another example of propaganda at work.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Monitor you? Manipulate what you see? Sell it all?

Isn't that Google, Facebook and Twitter's business model?

You know the thing that worries me most about this? Since 9/11 and all the concerns I've had about government spying, it hasn't been the government that worries me, it's these corporations.

Things have become so bad, the government no longer looks like the ultimate evil. And there's not really much that can be done about it, since people are naive enough to use their real name online, post their face and family's faces, and give up information to identify every aspect of their life. That's what is truly scary, that people can be brainwashed so far that they willingly give this information to everyone and anyone, even when the contract they sign clearly suggests nefarious purposes.

It also makes it seem kind of weird the government would even need bills for additional spying powers. That information is publically available already.

Top Bottom