• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ntrngr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Sheepdog HQ
    OK. I was potty trained with a snub nosed 38. I've been around guns since I was born. In fact, I heard gun blasts BEFORE I was born. Guns aren't my problem. Here is my problem:

I've read the 2nd Amendment maybe 500 times. Can some one tell me why I feel like I am betraying it if I go to the sheriff's dept. and ask permission to excercise it? I wan to CC but I just can't get myself to be treated like a criminal (fingerprinted) and ask permission to do what God has already given me the right to do.

Can I just print out the 2nd Amendment and laminate it? Sheesh!

Advice please.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I'd like to see how far a court case gets with that defense...

I'm not saying I don't agree, but unless you're rich, and don't mind a criminal conviction, get a LTCH.

ntrngr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Sheepdog HQ
    I'd like to see how far a court case gets with that defense...

I'm not saying I don't agree, but unless you're rich, and don't mind a criminal conviction, get a LTCH.

Ah! Tyranny of another sort. So Indiana law, which is subordinate to the Supreme Law of the Land is enforced but Supreme Law is given the bird. I thought they just did that in South American bannana republics?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Move to Alaska? They have it right.

Seriously, I'd rather be carrying during the lobbying so I got my permission slip.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Ah! Tyranny of another sort. So Indiana law, which is subordinate to the Supreme Law of the Land is enforced but Supreme Law is given the bird. I thought they just did that in South American bannana republics?

By supreme law are you referring to our god-given right to self-protection, or the 2nd Amendment? Because until the 2nd is given incorporation, it only applies to the Federal gov. If you mean god-given rights, then I'd have to agree.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I think states are within their rights to add restrictions beyond our constitutional rights. The founders wanted limited government as close to the people as possible to set the laws governing those people.

ntrngr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Sheepdog HQ
    Incorporated?

By supreme law are you referring to our god-given right to self-protection, or the 2nd Amendment? Because until the 2nd is given incorporation, it only applies to the Federal gov. If you mean god-given rights, then I'd have to agree.

The Constitution for the United States indicates:

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding.

Given incorporation! Hot Damn! It demands it. "and the Judges in every State shall be boundy thereby"...

Incorporated? Sounds pretty "incorporated" to me. What did you mean by "incorporated"?

ntrngr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Sheepdog HQ
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incorporation_(Bill_of_Rights) This is Constitutional Incorporation. Now, all this energy could be used to write a ton of letters to your reps to get things changed how you say :)

"...United States Supreme Court decisions interpreted the Fourteenth Amendment to "incorporate" most portions of the Bill of Rights, making these portions, for the first time, enforceable against the state governments."

Then we're good because:

"In Edgar v. Mite Corporation, 457 U.S. 624 (1982), the Supreme Court ruled that, 'a state statute is void to the extent that it actually conflicts with a valid federal statute.' In effect, this means that a state law will be found violating the supremecy clause when either (1) compliance with both federal and state law is impossible, or (2) 'state law stands as an obstacle to the accomplishment and execution of the full purposes and objectives of Congress' (Dow Chem. Co. v. Exxon Corp. (Fed Cir 1998))"

Argument over. Where's my laminator.

What *ALL* of you are saying is that you're getting your LTCH just like I pay my income tax? There's no LAW that says I have to pay the tax but I do just so I keep the IRS crime bosses off my back. We're all chicken ****! :soapbox:

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    "...United States Supreme Court decisions interpreted the Fourteenth Amendment to "incorporate" most portions of the Bill of Rights, making these portions, for the first time, enforceable against the state governments."

Then we're good because:

"In Edgar v. Mite Corporation, 457 U.S. 624 (1982), the Supreme Court ruled that, 'a state statute is void to the extent that it actually conflicts with a valid federal statute.' In effect, this means that a state law will be found violating the supremecy clause when either (1) compliance with both federal and state law is impossible, or (2) 'state law stands as an obstacle to the accomplishment and execution of the full purposes and objectives of Congress' (Dow Chem. Co. v. Exxon Corp. (Fed Cir 1998))"

Argument over. Where's my laminator.

What *ALL* of you are saying is that you're getting your LTCH just like I pay my income tax? There's no LAW that says I have to pay the tax but I do just so I keep the IRS crime bosses off my back. We're all chicken ****! :soapbox:

Um, the Tax Code is law :dunno:

And there is a law that says you have to have a LTCH in order to have a gun on you, or to have it in your car. Get it changed if you want, but that's how it is right now.

ntrngr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Sheepdog HQ
    Um, the Tax Code is law :dunno:

True. However, nowhere in the law does a private citizen become liable to pay income taxes. In fact, income is not even defined (as EVERY OTHER TERM USED) in the tax law. In fact, the IRS will not tell you what section of the law makes you liable. Why? BECAUSE THERE IS NONE. BTW, don't ask them. If you're chicken **** like me, its an instant audit (economic torture) flag.

But, we're hijacking the thread.

Lively debate. Thanks people!

Shall we continue?

ntrngr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Sheepdog HQ
    Honestly, I'd commend you and thank you for it :patriot:

And no, the 2nd Amendment has not been incorporated by the SC

I have a family to support. I'm economic chicken ****. If someone will secure my income, transfer my 30 acres and house to a trust, yeah. I have several friends at the sheriff's dept. I'll just stuff a gun into my pants, walk up to them and tell them they have to arrest me and proceed.

ntrngr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Sheepdog HQ
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incorporation_(Bill_of_Rights) This is Constitutional Incorporation. Now, all this energy could be used to write a ton of letters to your reps to get things changed how you say :)

...in process, however, I think its already like the 2nd Amendment says. Its just a consequence that most all lawmakers and judges are more interested in re-election and are derrilict in their duty to the Constitution for the United States. All this debate has got my research juices flowing. When I get my letter done and sent, I'll post it on here somehwere.

Ness2k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    China ^_^
    True. However, nowhere in the law does a private citizen become liable to pay income taxes. In fact, income is not even defined (as EVERY OTHER TERM USED) in the tax law. In fact, the IRS will not tell you what section of the law makes you liable. Why? BECAUSE THERE IS NONE. BTW, don't ask them. If you're chicken **** like me, its an instant audit (economic torture) flag.

But, we're hijacking the thread.

Lively debate. Thanks people!

Shall we continue?

26 U.S.C. § 61
    [G]ross income means all income from whatever source derived, including (but not limited to) the following items:
    (1) Compensation for services, including fees, commissions, fringe benefits, and similar items;
    (2) Gross income derived from business;
    (3) Gains derived from dealings in property;
    (4) Interest;
    (5) Rents;
    (6) Royalties;
    (7) Dividends;
    . . .

26 U.S.C. § 1
    There is hereby imposed on the taxable income of every individual . . . who is not a married individual a tax determined in accordance with the following table:

Married persons are covered by 26 U.S.C. § 1(a).

(a) Married individuals filing joint returns and surviving spouses There is hereby imposed on the taxable income of—
    (1) every married individual (as defined in section 7703) who makes a single return jointly with his spouse under section 6013, and
    (2) every surviving spouse (as defined in section 2 (a)), a tax determined in accordance with the following table:

Please, entertain me. :popcorn:

Top Bottom