• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    I finally got over to the new shop in hagerstown, I say new, but really its the same meadows gun shop with ten times the room. Its an awesome facility, tons of space. Only down side, meadows still has very inflated prices......... I would stop by if passing thru, but I wouldn't go out of my way. I'm fairly local to his place and would still save money driving to bradis or plainfield shooter supply:n00b:

totenkopf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    I finally got over to the new shop in hagerstown, I say new, but really its the same meadows gun shop with ten times the room. Its an awesome facility, tons of space. Only down side, meadows still has very inflated prices......... I would stop by if passing thru, but I wouldn't go out of my way. I'm fairly local to his place and would still save money driving to bradis or plainfield shooter supply:n00b:

I paid a visit to Mr. Meadows' new shop this past week and was impressed by the selection in both guns and ammunition, as well as the atmosphere. Definitely the best shop in the area, by far. On the pricing, I found most of the new and used guns (especially handguns) to be fairly competitive, although I too thought that there were several pieces which were a little high compared to other shops. Overall though, if you live in the area, it's worth checking here first before looking elsewhere. While I enjoy visiting some of the other shops in Indiana, if I can avoid spending an hour to and back from a shop in Indy and pay about the same price, I'd rather give my money to a local business. Plus, the ownership and staff are a pretty easy going bunch of guys to deal with. I've never had a bad experience with customer service in Mr. Meadows' shops. I can't say that about some of the other stores I've been to.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    I stopped in for the first time a couple weeks ago. I'll say this, I met Mr. Meadows he was very friendly and the older gentleman that was helping me was very helpful and knowledgeable. He took the time to answer questions I had about a few different models that I was unfamiliar with. He was also very lad back and wasn't trying to "close a deal" the whole time I was there like some places I've been. Were his prices high? On some stuff yes, but not ridiculous either, some stuff was also competitive with almost any other shop. I will definitely give them a shot at my business when I get ready to make my next purchase before going out of the local area. I prefer to shop and buy local if possible but am also frugal. :twocents:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Glad to read about your newer, larger store. Bought a rifle from you a few years ago in your old store. Was treated very nicely by everyone there, and very happy with the deal.

Looking forward to seeing your new shop!

tdosha

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I posted this elsewhere but here is more appropriate.

"My wife and I were 4 hours away from home and stumbled across Big Daddy's in Hagerstown. While we didn't buy anything, the staff was very polite and helpful. They answered my wife's novice questions sincerely and didn't seem to talk down to her. They had a respectable amount of long guns. If we are ever in the area again, we will certainly stop in to purchase this time.

TO"

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    My only true complaint was the lack of ammo. Prices are a tad high, but in talking with you guys, you seemed open to working the numbers. If I were more local I'd be in more often.
    +1 on the size and how nice the place is, that and the layout of the guns makes it easy. Gotta love the dog too!

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    113   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    I was in there wednesday, very nice place and staff! Loved the selection of guns.

I noticed they had a huge variety of obscure calibers of ammo. For the standard popular calibers they seemed to have the bases covered.

I spoke with the owner personally and he seemed like a great guy. I gave him my resume too and hope to hear back from him soon (wink wink)

steveIU

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    I was in this shop two days ago. I was very impressed with the inventory. However, I was more impressed with the professional staff. Kudos to you big daddy!!

halffull

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    We live in Muncie and found Big Daddy's Guns & More in Hagerstown, WOW. Amazing selection of weapons!
    The best part is the people behind the counter. There is no dumb question attitude. These guys are informatitive, helpful and very pleasent to work with. Again, What an amazing selection of hand guns and long guns. Been back several times and the inventory is always changing, New and Used. From what I hear, these guys will buy your used gun at fair prices.
    The store has got to be one of the coolest stores in East Central Indiana and over into Ohio.
    Found too the prices are better than most.
    I travel Gun Shops like Wine O's travel Wineries. Big time reccommend checking out Big Daddy's Guns and More.
    You can't miss the store, there is a HUGE SIGN on the front of The building.

camcdonnel

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 26, 2012
    Was in the other day. Owner seemed very nice. The younger kid really knew his stuff. I have a blast playing Duck Hunt! Will return.

Bob Shoemaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Went here for the first time today. We were just browsing, not buying.
    The shop is great! Great selection of guns, ammo, and accessories.
    The staff was knowledgeable, friendly, and not pushy.
    Gun range coming in Jan. We will be back to buy.

plinker.22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Rtown
    I concur with that Bob Shoemaker character; great shop. Wonderful selection of long guns, handguns, and accessories....lots of knives and yes old school Duck Hunt arcade game. They knew we were just looking, but were quick to help and show us anything we asked for. A second trip will be in order and many more once range is up.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville

BigDaddysGunsAndMore: "We will be selling at retail price."

...Just casually observing...;)

...I bought an SR1911 at Gander Ripoff Mountain and didn't pay retail. Just sayin! :dunno:

Sounds like good CS, though, and that's worth at least some of the price.

mj23geraldo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2012
    great trip

Im from a town about 20 miles from hagerstown. We have a small gun shop in my town where if its in stock you can get a great deal but if its not hes not willing to go the extra step. I made my way to Hagerstown today to Big Daddy's and it was a great experience! The staff went out of their way to help me with all my questions. Decent prices on their guns and ammo, and a great selection of guns in stock. If you want to be treated right and get the most "bang" for your buck...I highly recommend Big Daddy's Gun Shop in Hagerstown!

wildnmild1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Big Daddys Gun Shop

I stopped in to Big Daddy's today and can say that I WILL NEVER GO THERE AGAIN! I asked to see the mini draco on the wall and the salesman told me he wasn't going to get it down if I wasn't going to buy it. I asked if he liked money and if he wanted me to buy somewhere else. Needless to say, my money will be spent somewhere that likes to take care of it's customers and not worry so much about the money. It's pretty bad when you have the money in your pocket and find the gun you are looking for only to have poor customer service ruin Big Daddy's chance at my hard earned cash. They also advertise to be a Class 3 dealer, but do not have a license yet.

Top Bottom